The photos thread

Where was you in the photo and where was you going?
Out over the N.Atlantic Tracks and heading home to Chicago.

The 787 goes pretty quickly, so we often pass up other aircraft and get a decent view.

We are all at altitudes 1,000 feet apart and we offset upto 2 miles off the course to avoid any chance of a collision with oncoming traffic (never say never, but…never!) and sometimes to avoid their wake turbulence.

Here’s an American Airlines 777 from a few months ago…

IMG_1501.jpeg

That was taken by my First Officer, as it was on our right side.

Out over the N.Atlantic Tracks and heading home to Chicago.

The 787 goes pretty quickly, so we often pass up other aircraft and get a decent view.

We are all at altitudes 1,000 feet apart and we offset upto 2 miles off the course to avoid any chance of a collision with oncoming traffic (never say never, but…never!) and sometimes to avoid their wake turbulence.

Here’s an American Airlines 777 from a few months ago…

View attachment 126839

That was taken by my First Officer, as it was on our right side.
What's the 787 like to fly? We went on one a few years back and it's totally different from a passengers point of view to anything else I've flown on.

What's the 787 like to fly? We went on one a few years back and it's totally different from a passengers point of view to anything else I've flown on.
Very comfortable.

It’s a very “clean” aircraft, so coming down and slowing down at the same time can be quite difficult.

The flight controls are smooth and make their own very small changes to the wing to help stabilize the aircraft in turbulence.

The aircraft is almost entirely electrical and has a very complicated, yet easy to understand electrical system. Uniquely, the air conditioning system does NOT tap air off the engine and uses fresh air and electric compressors, which helps make the high bypass turbofans even more efficient.

Having flown the Airbus A319/320 and the Boeing 727, 737, 747, 757, 767 and now the 787, I have to say it is the most sophisticated, comfortable and efficient aircraft I’ve flown. An A350 pilot might feel differently!

Very comfortable.

It’s a very “clean” aircraft, so coming down and slowing down at the same time can be quite difficult.

The flight controls are smooth and make their own very small changes to the wing to help stabilize the aircraft in turbulence.

The aircraft is almost entirely electrical and has a very complicated, yet easy to understand electrical system. Uniquely, the air conditioning system does NOT tap air off the engine and uses fresh air and electric compressors, which helps make the high bypass turbofans even more efficient.

Having flown the Airbus A319/320 and the Boeing 727, 737, 747, 757, 767 and now the 787, I have to say it is the most sophisticated, comfortable and efficient aircraft I’ve flown. An A350 pilot might feel differently!
Wow thanks for that.
Hearing a pilot say what you just said made the plane geek inside me jump up and down.
Safe flying sir.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.