The Plastics

Dunraven said:
de niro said:
Dunraven said:
Yep it's a wind up, well partly anyway. Will I watch MCFC next season? yes but probably only a handful of times and they wont be the "big matches" as the ko times are are nightmare. Did I watch them for a couple of years in the 80's? yes. I was in the army with with a few City fans and went to Maine rd with them. I went quite a few times through the 90's and had some brilliant nights out in Manc until I had kids. I've been a Cardiff fan all my life but I walked away this year due to Vincent Tan's vision (as he describes it) for my club playing in red instead of blue and destroying our identity. I couldn't stomach it so I sacked it. It's a tough decision to make when you've been following your club for decades through some absolute shit. Of course I didn't ditch my club simply to watch a another team that's recently won trophies, if that was the case I'd have been at Anfield or Old Trafford twenty years ago with some of the planks where I live that have been there once ever but are "fans", I've seen liverpool more than some of them!. (I've even been to York three times, that seems to count for something on here). Now Manchester City are the only other club I've ever watched other than CCFC so yeah I'm going to be there at the Etihad few times next season though I'll always be Cardiff and will be back there in a heartbeat if they return to blue. I could still go to watch Chelsea if I'm not wanted though? Lol.

when i heard that they were changing to red i was appalled. the worse thing i could imagine.

Your telling me it is. I wouldn't wish it on any club. Red is lucky in the far east apparently and that's the entire reason behind it.

Still it´s a fact that few chinese clubs play in red..

S04 said:
Dunraven said:
de niro said:
when i heard that they were changing to red i was appalled. the worse thing i could imagine.

Your telling me it is. I wouldn't wish it on any club. Red is lucky in the far east apparently and that's the entire reason behind it.

Still it´s a fact that few chinese clubs play in red..

not allowed by red guard over there m8 they are very particular

I tried a prawn sandwich circa 1997, and although I did not like it I do understand that is unacceptable.

Mark - TheBlue said:
When do the plastic fans get here? This season or next? Need to be ready for them and how to spot them so I can report them to the steward.

What do you city fans mean by a plastic fan? Ive had executive season tickets at Old Trafford for long time! But city score more goals so i am taking my business clients to maine road next season!! Am i a plastic? What should i get on the back of my new shirt?

Dunraven said:
davymcfc said:
Dunraven said:
Yep it's a wind up, well partly anyway. Will I watch MCFC next season? yes but probably only a handful of times and they wont be the "big matches" as the ko times are are nightmare. Did I watch them for a couple of years in the 80's? yes. I was in the army with with a few City fans and went to Maine rd with them. I went quite a few times through the 90's and had some brilliant nights out in Manc until I had kids. I've been a Cardiff fan all my life but I walked away this year due to Vincent Tan's vision (as he describes it) for my club playing in red instead of blue and destroying our identity. I couldn't stomach it so I sacked it. It's a tough decision to make when you've been following your club for decades through some absolute shit. Of course I didn't ditch my club simply to watch a another team that's recently won trophies, if that was the case I'd have been at Anfield or Old Trafford twenty years ago with some of the planks where I live that have been there once ever but are "fans", I've seen liverpool more than some of them!. (I've even been to York three times, that seems to count for something on here). Now Manchester City are the only other club I've ever watched other than CCFC so yeah I'm going to be there at the Etihad few times next season though I'll always be Cardiff and will be back there in a heartbeat if they return to blue. I could still go to watch Chelsea if I'm not wanted though? Lol.
Really sad to hear what has happened with you guys. I can't imagining being in a position where I would have to find another team to support. Personally I think you will most probably never be able to connect to city as much as you have to Cardiff. You will probably end up still following Cardiff but if you are prepared to spend money and support city then it's fine by me. I think a few city fans are scared of becoming the new man united (basically everything we have fought against for years).

Your absolutley right about not being able to connect to City (Manchester) in the same way it's impossible to form the same attachment but I always enjoyed visiting Maine rd, It was the first away ground other than Swansea/newport I visited as a teenager in jan82 FA cup and liked the place, it helped that I've always hated Man U too. As for people having a whinge about plastic fans I can understand that, it happened at Cardiff when we reached the FA cup final in 2008 it put over 10,000 on our gate the following season. We had lads whinging about them whereas a year earlier the same lot were bitching about having low crowds and no bugger watching us. But you have to increase your fan base/attendances and the plastic fan of today might turn out to be the ever present of tomorrow.

I will let you off this time as you are new on here, but dont dare coming on here again and talking sense, when we are having a rant logic is not allowed.

I can understand those who previously had no interest in football suddenly deciding to take up an interest in us.

But I'll never understand those who switch teams, no offence to those who have.

wilmslowblue said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
When do the plastic fans get here? This season or next? Need to be ready for them and how to spot them so I can report them to the steward.

What do you city fans mean by a plastic fan? Ive had executive season tickets at Old Trafford for long time! But city score more goals so i am taking my business clients to maine road next season!! Am i a plastic? What should i get on the back of my new shirt?

I'd venture a yes; you are , however as plastic is a very wide description and you been an self confessed executive type I'd go for 'Thermoplastic' with that on your shirt and cuff links might make your clients think you know more than you do

ps we have moved location <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/the-club/visiting-the-stadium" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/the-club/visiting-the-stadium</a> if you follow these directions please, save yourself and friends a visit to a housing estate!

Dunraven said:
davymcfc said:
Dunraven said:
Really sad to hear what has happened with you guys. I can't imagining being in a position where I would have to find another team to support. Personally I think you will most probably never be able to connect to city as much as you have to Cardiff. You will probably end up still following Cardiff but if you are prepared to spend money and support city then it's fine by me. I think a few city fans are scared of becoming the new man united (basically everything we have fought against for years).

Your absolutley right about not being able to connect to City (Manchester) in the same way it's impossible to form the same attachment but I always enjoyed visiting Maine rd, It was the first away ground other than Swansea/newport I visited as a teenager in jan82 FA cup and liked the place, it helped that I've always hated Man U too. As for people having a whinge about plastic fans I can understand that, it happened at Cardiff when we reached the FA cup final in 2008 it put over 10,000 on our gate the following season. We had lads whinging about them whereas a year earlier the same lot were bitching about having low crowds and no bugger watching us. But you have to increase your fan base/attendances and the plastic fan of today might turn out to be the ever present of tomorrow.

hello joint cardiff man city fan here, i thought i must be the only one in existance. was brought up watching cardiff, but living in manchester for almost 10 years now. had a season ticket for 3 years now, watched first game in 2003 i think when keegan was manager and have got more and more into it, and now have got to the stage where im not sure how it will sit with me if the BLUEbirds finally make it as you can't really support 2 teams in the same division.

i agree caridiff playing in red is just wrong, but can't see how someone could seriously stop supporting. i would money on this being reversed at some point, and wonder if revenue due to shirts could be affected.

I'm defo plastic , been going 20 odd years, but a plastic to forums, arsed.

johnbmcr said:
InMyLifetime-BaconChops said:
I'm easy to find...I eat prawn sandwiches, and don't stand up when we score :)

check they are really prawn and not crib sticks saw the city catering staff today in ASDA buying boxes of the stuff in anticipation of the plastics' invasion

-- Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:03 pm --

lancs blue said:
Why Always Ste said:
They already arrived.

Not so much in huge noticeable coach trips, but inparticular with the introduction of ticket offerings to students at the local Uni, I noticed many fans of other teams just coming along, sly digs at both teams, or non-football fans with ignorant comments about the game and so on...

Also, last season with that singing section experiment.
A large chunk of the crowd where I was in there were not your typical City Fan.
I could tell many had never been there before, struggling to find seats, asking stewards, taking photos continuously of themselves etc etc...

When the match goes on open sale - you know we will attract someone who has killed a whale
City were selling tickets at the Uni in the late 70s/early 80s, it's hardly a new ploy and it does attract new fans, you'd be surprised how many students in Manchester stay in the area after graduating.

you would be equally surprised how many lecturers buy the student tickets too cheap skates :-)

I used to go to the student union and get a student to buy me a ticket and sit in the jean Kelly stand years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.