The ponchos when it rains at the Etihad

I was down in Dublin during the "summer" for the Ireland England ODI cricket game and the sponsors (Royal Sun Alliance) had placed Blarney Army green T-shirts and Maroon ponchos on every seat with a liberal amount of RSA sponsors logos on them, when the heavens opened the ground was turned into a sea of maroon, a marketing managers delight.
While the ground will never be a sea of blue with the ponchos, with a bit of the sponsors logo and the club badge on them, i could see it being quite a sight (maybe even sell them for 50p or a £1 from kiosks around the ground).

Be glad that they're not blue, people would only take the piss/moan that they look like empty seats when people are wearing them.<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:55 pm --<br /><br />Very simple to understand, you know that thing that was battering the country for a week or so when we had the last three games, it's called wind and it blows things about including rain.
Eccles Blue said:
What I can't understand is that having sat in the same seat on row T in the corner of east and north stand for many years, and always being just high enough to stay dry, I've got rained on for the past 3 games!!!

Roger Ringpiece said:
Be glad that they're not blue, people would only take the piss/moan that they look like empty seats when people are wearing them.

-- Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:55 pm --

Very simple to understand, you know that thing that was battering the country for a week or so when we had the last three games, it's called wind and it blows things about including rain.
Eccles Blue said:
What I can't understand is that having sat in the same seat on row T in the corner of east and north stand for many years, and always being just high enough to stay dry, I've got rained on for the past 3 games!!!

Excuse me but that quote is NOT from me, I was responding to SB Blue who asked where you get the poncho things from and the quote marks didn't come out correctly on my reply!!

I sit on row A CB Lower stand and am not bothered about the rain, in fact in some ways it is so reminiscent of the 'old' days of supporting football that I quite enjoy it!! We don't have a roof over our heads but we don't care!! :-)

Roger Ringpiece said:
Be glad that they're not blue, people would only take the piss/moan that they look like empty seats when people are wearing them.

-- Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:55 pm --

Very simple to understand, you know that thing that was battering the country for a week or so when we had the last three games, it's called wind and it blows things about including rain.
Eccles Blue said:

Which is why I put maybe it's the wind direction in my post. just strange that it's never happened in any of the previous years, maybe it's the winds of change blowing ;-)

Thanks BTW Eccles Blue, have been going on the concourse at half time to get out of the rain!!!

to be honest i think they should just stop handing them out do people not realise how stupid they look when city introduce a log flume in the ground fair enough you can get wet but it only a bit of water.

Thaksinssoldier said:
Or here's a novel idea;

As they are see through,why not just wear blue underneath?

Ffs ;-)

Your thinking is a bit too transparent for me. ;o)

Its Manchester and it rains get wet and feel at home

All part of the "match day experience"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.