The Post Transfer Deadline Day (positive) Thread

I dunno what it is or why it is, but I'm not bothered that we didn't get Sanchez.

In fact, yes I do know. The tw@ chose The Arse over us, originally. Why? Fook knows. He must have know our intention to sign Guardiola, so what gives...??

They've won an FA Cup (I think).

Whoopie-fookin'-do!!

Anyone who thinks The Arse are a better club than City deserve all they get.

After our league win we bought
Garcia 18.18
Nastacic 13.68
Rodwell 13.50
Siclair 7.02
Maicon 3.38

United in the same year spent
Van Persie 27.63
Kagawa 14.40
Zaha 10.58
Henriquez 4.95
Buttner 4.50
Powell 6.75

So despite being under FFP we spent only marginally less than United. And we certainly could have bought Van Persie instead of say Nastacic and Rodwell.
Aye, I don't disagree with who you say we bought, but they (by and large) were not the players we wanted to buy. But we couldn't splash the cash we blatantly were in a position to do because of ffp.
As you say we spent less than Utd, but without ffp we probably would have spent double utds outlay.
It's all a bit hard to say looking back through the murky past, but at that point we were still having to play catch up with the other top teams and stopping our wallet from opening was their response to curb our success.....and it looks to have worked so far.
So yes we spent, but not on who we wanted ideally.

Another poor performance from Alexis for Chile. Go beat 3-0. Just read the match report. he struggled to make an impact in the game

Pep said in a recent press-conference that in future transfer windows. City will only sign 1, 2 or 3 players. And not change as much as we did this window.

Ironically...our deadline day failures might mean that our next summer window might be just as big.

He reportedly wants to replace Yaya and possibly Fernandinho. As well as sign a marquee CB. Add to that the holes that are left by the failure to get Sanchez and Evans.
Unless we manage to do some business in the January window.

Another poor performance from Alexis for Chile. Go beat 3-0. Just read the match report. he struggled to make an impact in the game

Not surprised. He was devasted. Arsenal fucked him. Promised him he's they'll sell and went back on their word. Now he's stuck playing Europa Legaue with a bunch of spine less jokers.

While I would have liked Sanchez, I share the opinion of several others that this ship has sailed. Fast forward twelve months and our targets are likely to have changed to someone younger. Meantime, his star may well have waned a little.

Very, very good window which just fell short of being outstanding at the last minute.

Like many others, I feel the squad is maybe a bit short of top quality in a few areas but this should mean a bit more exposure for the likes of Foden and Diaz.

Should be there or thereabouts in all competitions, barring horrendous injuries. A full season from Gundogan could transform this team.

Scope to bring additions in January too, I believe City will go back strongly for Sanchez and genuinely think he'll be signed.

All looking good really. I await the dark cloud of officialdom to piss down over City now.

I dunno what it is or why it is, but I'm not bothered that we didn't get Sanchez.

In fact, yes I do know. The tw@ chose The Arse over us, originally. Why? Fook knows. He must have know our intention to sign Guardiola, so what gives...??

They've won an FA Cup (I think).

Whoopie-fookin'-do!!

Anyone who thinks The Arse are a better club than City deserve all they get.
We were in for him when he left Udinese and chose Barca.

He said we had 3 to choose from which is incorrect. Regardless of whether Guardiola trusts them or decides to use them, at the present time he has 5 to choose from that have first team experience.

This is how I see it. I can't see where this talk of who Pep's trust more come from. What I remembered was he said Tosin was still not ready for regular first team football, which is a fair assessment considering Tosin plays against u21 sides, while Mangala played in a league with 3 of the last 8 CL teams, and winning against the CL champions at that.

Regardless of Mangala being sold or staying, players will be chosen by merit. I can't see how Pep trusts Evans more before seeing him in a City shirt and playing alongside our players. That's just speculative talk all this trust lark. All I see are 5 CBs that need to prove their worth in every training.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.