The Post Transfer Deadline Day (positive) Thread

If there's one good thing that possibly came from today, hopefully it's that clubs who test our resolve in the future know we won't cave into their demands. We need to shed the view clubs have of us based on our past transfer dealings and I think City saying enough is enough with Arsenal and not bidding a third time went a long way towards that. Same with West Brom and Evans.

I see the 'It's a quite thread' thread' was shut quickly. Not bad as entertainment goes but what a load of bollocks, so many indications over the last 2 years that massive signings were coming.

BERNARDO SILVA IN A CITY SHIRT

This all day. The window certainly had an awkward end but this will be the signing of the summer for me. Love his game and his best is still to come. Fantastic player. Overall, the business was really quite good.

Your argument just boils down to "yeh but I don't like Evans" which is completely irrelevant because Obviously Pep did, and only Mangala fucking things up stopped Pep getting who he wanted.

Everyone has seen how Evans play. He's one dimensional. We scored 7 past Evans last season and he was the captain.

I was at the home game and Evans was really poor we scored 3 past them and were really knocking at their doors and if not for their player Morrison who was subbed around 60m and doing all the footwork and blocking we would have scored 2 more at least. If not for their keeper who went world class mode and saved half a dozen of Jesus shots alone we could have scored more.

There's more chance of us getting weaker playing Evans on CB than Mangala. Ok so if watching him play is not good enough evidence, let's use stats. Mangala has twice more successful tackles than Evans and blocks twice more than Evans in the same amount of games last year.

Not everything Pep wants make the player world class - Bravo is case in point.

I am like every other person here not wanting to play Mangala, but really to put Evans above him is insane and for a crucial position in the team we should have gone for a better CB.

Really happy with this window. The problems have been addressed - new goalie and full backs were essential and we've bought well. Another play-maker in B. Silva means we are not bereft of ideas when Spanish Dave is out.
Sanchez would have been the cherry on our cake, but it leaves an opportunity for Foden to step up. Mangala staying is fine with me and Tosin should be given chances to delevop.
We have the best (most exciting) squad in the league; so over to you Pep - make our dreams become realities :-)

When, not if, our platinum quartet of the two Silvas, Kun and Jesus really 'gel' the goals will flow. I expect every prem team to be in full-on damage-limitation mode against us both home and away, even when we score first. In the first three games, Ota and VK have had the lions share of possession, neither are true play-makers and this will be addressed most likely involving KdB. The three three defensive additions GK, LB and RB will be instrumental in keeping the goals-against column respectable. Sanchez not joining was a disappointment ( you can't have too many world-class players ) but I don't blame the management, for me it was a 'shit happens' moment. Given a decent run of luck on the injury front, and fair refs ( some hope ) we are set for a great season.

If there's one good thing that possibly came from today, hopefully it's that clubs who test our resolve in the future know we won't cave into their demands. We need to shed the view clubs have of us based on our past transfer dealings and I think City saying enough is enough with Arsenal and not bidding a third time went a long way towards that. Same with West Brom and Evans.

Agreed 100%. Cannot find an excuse for the absence of a plan B on both cases though...

If our transfer dealings had been presented to me after the final whistle was blown at the end of last season I would have been ecstatic especially with the haunting performances from our Monaco lads fresh in my memory (silva in particular). Make no mistake I fell content with our haul and glad we missed out on Evans, not because I think he's bad but that I think you need to be quite a 'unique' cb to play in pep's system... i.e. Being comfortable playing in an extremely high backline open to a few harsh transitions.. not his game imo.

I do however find myself a tad disappointed at the end of the window. I was convinced we would buy a game changer... Sanchez was the obvious one that made sense and although I'm not blaming the club, it's frustrating to see the likes of PSG elevate themselves to an elite team on paper (yes only on paper at this point) but there is a feeling that this season was the season to 'really' push on. Do I think we can win the league? Yeah sure on paper definitely... do I think we could compete with Real Madrid? Not sure. If Jesus, Sane and Sterling mature and progress as we hope In the future then maybe. Sanchez would have fast tracked us and pushed us a lot closer to them and Barca / Bayern imo, so I guess that's where the frustration lies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.