The Poznan

graham1312 said:
citiblue375 said:
We would be crazy to let this die. It is a celebration that is uniquely associated with City.

Keep it, embrace it, celebrate it.

not quite true , i think the lech poznan fans might have something to say

but we need to keep it as was said earlier our form dipped when we stopped doing it and it brings a togetherness amongst city fans

I meant in the context of the Premiership - it is not uncommon on the Continent, I doubt in fact that Lech have the patent on the Poznan either. However, in the Prem. everybody associates it with us

peoffrey said:
The problem is that opposition fans have begun to pick up on it and, every time they snatch an equaliser or winner, they'll do it. Saw it at Arsenal, Fulham etc last season. I don't Poznan anymore.

so dont let it worry you what other fans do they are only having a bit of banter albeit at our expense so fair play to them , on the other hand it was good sunderland fans doing it at the end of the season to wind up the rags ,

peoffrey said:
The problem is that opposition fans have begun to pick up on it and, every time they snatch an equaliser or winner, they'll do it. Saw it at Arsenal, Fulham etc last season. I don't Poznan anymore.

So what if they do. Its just a bit of banter. They Poznan we steal Arsenals best players. Seems fair enough to me

uncle b said:
I hope we keep it, maybe not every goal but now and again.

I nearly damaged my knees and back at the swamp although I can only recall poznan's taking place for the first 4 goals. Expecting and getting another 5 Poznan's on the following midweek game at Wolves was a bit harsh but we managed it! It really was a difficult time to support City.
It was much easier on the joints under Alan Ball, Frank Clark and Stuart Pearce but I'm happy to plod on under the current regime,

peoffrey said:

Precisely the reason they do this - it is a dig (if/when they equalise) at us BECAUSE THEY ASSOCIATE IT WITH US. My aim is just to be doing the Poznan a few times more than those opposition fans are during the game and all is well. They get their moment of glory/piss-take. We get three points.<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:41 pm --<br /><br />
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
citiblue375 said:
It is a celebration that is uniquely associated with City.

And Sunderland ;)

I rest my case -)))

Skashion said:
CC1 said:
This is, of course, just your opinion - to which you are entitled.

However, it is not dead as far as many City fans and players are concerned. ANd, it certainly winds up rival fans....they are SO envious that they can only use it to mock rather than to celebrate...
Difference being I'm one of the few people who tries to start them and it's getting harder and harder.

I started the poznan off in the first place when i turned around to tell the bloke behind me to stop pickin' his nose !

peoffrey said:

Fook the opposition fans , we should continue to do the Poznan when it suits us , whenever and wherever we want to , it is a great spectacle and when used at the right time it galvanises both fans and players .

We are City , we'll Poznan when we want !!!!

citiblue375 said:
Precisely the reason they do this - it is a dig (if/when they equalise) at us BECAUSE THEY ASSOCIATE IT WITH US. My aim is just to be doing the Poznan a few times more than those opposition fans are during the game and all is well. They get their moment of glory/piss-take. We get three points.

We didn't get any points at Arsenal. I suppose their fans decided to show us they had money too by throwing coins at us from a level up. Brave.

peoffrey said:
citiblue375 said:
Precisely the reason they do this - it is a dig (if/when they equalise) at us BECAUSE THEY ASSOCIATE IT WITH US. My aim is just to be doing the Poznan a few times more than those opposition fans are during the game and all is well. They get their moment of glory/piss-take. We get three points.

We didn't get any points at Arsenal. I suppose their fans decided to show us they had money too by throwing coins at us from a level up. Brave.

I was at Arsenal. It was a bad day at the office. We won the league despite it. Let's move on .........and do the Poznan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.