The pre match in stadium entertainment/build up is shocking

The demographic has changed, football isn't targeted to single blokes anymore. It's targeted at a family audiences, families won't be smoking in the toilets or beating each other up on the concourses.

It's so sterile and sanitised now. There's no enjoyment in it for me anymore, attending games, the last two times I've been I've been told to sit down by stewards immediately after we've had missed chances.

That's not just City. It's football. If you are a single bloke in a replica top you are treated like a criminal from entry to exit.

*and accused of smoking

Last edited:
I don't post here very often, and this belongs in about 5 different topics, but I'm feeling quite ranty about the performance of the team, the old fool of a manager, ticket prices, traipsing round foreign cities to collect tickets, and then on top of all that the mindless cheesy drivel they put on the screens before the game like that bloody "we fight for you" video (no they bastard well don't), the collection of randoms predicting ridiculous scores and shouting "C'mon City" into the microphone, Fanzone Danny and Natalie Pike or whoever it was sharing inane memories with us and most of all those fucking bloody plastic clapping hands c'mon City things they stuck on the screen every time we got a corner yesterday, who are we, fucking MK Dons? I wouldn't mind so much if we ever scored from a corner.

I've been watching City for 50 years, I don't need some braindead fucktrumpet with a keyboard sending me messages telling me what and when to sing and shout. With animated pigging instructions telling me how to clap! And if they want an atmosphere in the ground like they keep droning on that they do then they need to pack in with the cheesy American bollocks that pisses off virtually every football fan over the age of 8, they need to pack in with pricing ordinary fans out of going, they need to pack in treating ordinary fans like shite and making them jump through hoops for the privilege of attending a bloody football match, and they need to allow football fans to enjoy a football match and sing football songs like football fans do.

Needed to get that off my chest. Move along now, nothing to see. Or you can print this off and nail it to Khaldoon's office door.
Bet you're pissed off about paying for the Bournemouth ticket before the game on Sunday. At least we don't get the same shit at the away games.

I'm always of the impression that all this stuff is for someone else. I just go to watch the game.

It would be good to hear from anyone who thinks that this pre-match stuff works for them, because I don't know a single City fan who does.

The only aspect I actually enjoy is pre-match @ City square and the live bands who, in the main, are pretty decent. The rest of it is shockingly poor.

The juxtaposed subliminal nod to 1980's computing was sweet though. How we have come on in terms of technology mirrors how far we have come on as a Club since those days.

I would walk out immediately, regardless of when it happened or who we were playing and I wouldn't come back. Sounds petty but the club is drifting away from me in all areas. I can deal with that if I'm seeing effort on the pitch. Doesn't have to be success but I want effort. As it stands, I'm paying thousands of pounds a year to follow my team, as I have done for 27 years now as a season ticket holder and whilst I'm not asking for a badge of honour from the club, I would like a hint of consideration to what my 'match day experience' should be. I'll tell them, as I do every single time they send one of these bollocks surveys out, my match day experience should be a fucking football match. I don't want clowns and balloons, washed up comedians or a circus. I don't need to hear about how some rich bloke won a car after buying a raffle ticket for 500 notes. I don't need to watch a video of our highly paid players telling me that 'they play for me' before strolling around the pitch like they've won the league by 30 points.

It really makes me cringe and if the whole charade didn't grate as much before it really is now, absolutely sterile vacuous nauseating crap.

For me they can do what they want outside as your own choice if you want it.
But inside the ground it simply needs fucking off.
People don't even know the match has kicked sometimes.

Ok, even before kick off I was irritated today just because of the whole pre match build up.

Don't get me wrong here I think City Square is fantastic but that's where a lot of this 'entertainment' belongs.

I'm in the ground before a Derby feeling like I'm ready for a war and the club are making me feel like I'm at a kids party.

Showing comedic videos to advertise the match programme.

Showing people on the big screen saying we're going to beat the rags 6-1 again while their players are warming up and thinking 'you ****ing what?!'

The worst bit. Fanzone Danny and Natalie Pike, two minutes before kick off, talking about their favourite Derby memories on the big screen. Jesus Christ. They're both top blues but the direction they're being given is horrendous. They've got Natalie sounding like she's presenting CBBC. The tone is all wrong.

Playing the music at full blast so you can barely hear yourself think is also poor. The fans want to sing before a Derby and this just makes it harder to do.

Overall the pre match experience in the stadium is completely sterile. It feels like it is designed by someone who knows absolutely nothing about football and the people who go to games. Awful.
Ok, even before kick off I was irritated today just because of the whole pre match build up.

Don't get me wrong here I think City Square is fantastic but that's where a lot of this 'entertainment' belongs.

I'm in the ground before a Derby feeling like I'm ready for a war and the club are making me feel like I'm at a kids party.

Showing people on the big screen saying we're going to beat the rags 6-1 again while their players are warming up and thinking 'you ****ing what?!'

The worst bit. Fanzone Danny and Natalie Pike, two minutes before kick off, talking about their favourite Derby memories on the big screen. Jesus Christ. They're both top blues but the direction they're being given is horrendous. They've got Natalie sounding like she's presenting CBBC. The tone is all wrong.

Playing the music at full blast so you can barely hear yourself think is also poor. The fans want to sing before a Derby and this just makes it harder to do.

Overall the pre match experience in the stadium is completely sterile. It feels like it is designed by someone who knows absolutely nothing about football and the people who go to games. Awful.

Agreed,it does all seem a bit nickelodeon ,maybe it is just a sign of the times !!

Agree with everything I have read on here. The whole thing pisses me off. The latest fad seems to be this 'cmon city' bollocks which we now see flags for, on the end of players tweets and Natalie squealing out before every game. Then we have the prematch bollocks of fans saying we are going to win 4, 5 or 6 nil while away team warming up. One it doesn't happen and it's so disrespectful.

Genuinely wish they would scrap all the entertainment and if they want a good pre match experience just get people with a normal degree intelligence who can serve me a pint in a timely manner.

I remember after the FA cup rip off against the rags Natalie was on the stage alone doing a Churchill type speech, it was brilliant to hear walking by, these days she'd been bounced for that sort of thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.