The Press Box After the Everton Game

iif it was up to me i would ban the fucking lot of them from
the ground, utter twats the lot of them

TGR said:
My seat is directly in front of the press box on level 1 of the Colin Bell stand so I see and hear a lot of things... Like most of the reporters watching (and cheering) for the scum on TV when they are supposed to be reporting on us! (trust me its true!) However, at the final whistle on Saturday when I got up to leave my seat and without a word of a lie, to a man, every single reporter had a face like thunder! Not a smile, no chatting, no nothing. The lot of them just sat there staring into space. believe me they were absolutely and completely gutted we had managed to win the game!
So.... I just couldn't resist it (and why should I?) I looked at them all and said 'well, well boys, thats another win you are going to have to write about! - get used to it!!'
They just glared back. I laughed out loud! It felt good!
I like a t lot of people on here am just about about sick and fucking tired of the lot of them! The killer for me was the (huge) back page headline in the Daily Mail (Ian Ladyman again chaps!) on Saturday morning was about about some kid singing the Munich song on Youtube! FFS - is that trawling the gutter or what?? Every other paper had headlines about baconfaces response to Owen Hargreaves. Not the The Mail - oh no! Ian Ladyman had to get his dig in about 'Munich' (he had even gone to the trouble to contact the family of Matt Busby no less for a response!!!). I'm not paranoid (well just a bit!). I'm not bitter (OK - I am!) but I have just about had my fill of this lot. Enough is enough.

sit in 126 colin bell lower back row right in front of press box, cant allways put names to the faces, but when henry winter comes allways says hello , think he writes balanced reports too

TGR said:
My seat is directly in front of the press box on level 1 of the Colin Bell stand so I see and hear a lot of things... Like most of the reporters watching (and cheering) for the scum on TV when they are supposed to be reporting on us! (trust me its true!) However, at the final whistle on Saturday when I got up to leave my seat and without a word of a lie, to a man, every single reporter had a face like thunder! Not a smile, no chatting, no nothing. The lot of them just sat there staring into space. believe me they were absolutely and completely gutted we had managed to win the game!
So.... I just couldn't resist it (and why should I?) I looked at them all and said 'well, well boys, thats another win you are going to have to write about! - get used to it!!'
I like a t lot of people on here am just about about sick and fucking tired of the lot of them! The killer for me was the (huge) back page headline in the Daily Mail (Ian Ladyman again chaps!) on Saturday morning was about about some kid singing the Munich song on Youtube! FFS - is that trawling the gutter or what?? Every other paper had headlines about baconfaces response to Owen Hargreaves. Not the The Mail - oh no! Ian Ladyman had to get his dig in about 'Munich' (he had even gone to the trouble to contact the family of Matt Busby no less for a response!!!). I'm not paranoid (well just a bit!). I'm not bitter (OK - I am!) but I have just about had my fill of this lot. Enough is enough.
I am going to give up reading these papers and just stick to reading my Dandy and Beano.

eastlands oasis said:
Kun Lover said:
To be honest I thought we were over the worst when the Daily Mail were printing things such as "Thaksin demands all player and staff bow to him" and "Man City to change club crest to incorporate an elephant as a homage to Thailand".

However, it seems to be just as bad as ever. When Hansen sat there on MOTD the other night and basically said that Kompany went out to hurt that cheating bas**** Cahill on purpose and didn't even mention the 15 purely cynical and disgusting fouls they committed on us it summed up just where we are at the moment.

BUT...now we are winning, they can say and write whatever they want, the fact is we are now a fantastic team, a fantastic club with the brightest future in the game, the players know what the press is all about, they have said it on numerous occasions most memorably after we won the FA Cup last season, people like Hart and Kompany sticking the knife in a little. I no longer care, we do our talking on the pitch and we have an FA Chairman who supports us as well as the top dog in the Manchester Council!

nail on head my friend, they can say what they want, we can just smile the smuggest of smug smiles back at them and point to our teams results,where we are in the table, and the trophies we have started to win. eventually the penny will drop, City will hold all the power and will start to pick and choose which of the journo's they allow to attend press conferences(like Taggart does) City are playing a very canny game with the press at the minute, by the end of this season they will realise they need us more than we need them!

Exactly! I really hope they do that as well, i'd love it if one day the press secretary just came and read out a list of names who were banished never to return from press conferences and attending on match days. Wouldn't go down too well but then again like you said, they'll soon learn they need us more than we need them, we've have enough press exposure in recent years to make us on a par with Barca and United around the world.

We did the stadium tour again recently and the guy showing us round made a point about how well the press are treated for games at City. He talked about the excellent facilities they give them, their own restaurant etc.

Not saying that they should always write good things just because we offer them 1st class facilities but you'd think they'd start to learn which side their bread was buttered. Personally I would close their cosey sets of facilities, stick them out in the cold and tell em to bring their own butties.

Ban the twunts... we are their bread and butter as much as the scum, dippers and co and they know it... hilarious watching their discomfort !!!!!

f**k them all,f**k them all
the sun,the mirror and star
oh we are the City you know we are right
f**k all the media
you talk a load of shite

flb said:
I think we all under estimate how much Ferguson and United have the press in there pocket,its propoganda on a Adolf Hitler scale.

They are a massive propoganda machine,and always have been.

Correct! I've been arguing this point for years.

No matter how well we play and how much we progress as a club, the press will have their (and scums) agenda. When we win matches it will be "Poor kid's bullied by the rich kid's" When we progress and develop it will be "City slickers buy success".

This is the best start to the PL we've had, and I have yet to see anything positive wrote about it by the (allegedly impartial) press.

give & go said:
TGR said:

sit in 126 colin bell lower back row right in front of press box, cant allways put names to the faces, but when henry winter comes allways says hello , think he writes balanced reports too
The same winter who savaged mancini at his press conferance and really went to town on our club?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.