The Pro Road Cycling Thread

What an amazing tour, loved watching every stage, the fantastic scenery and especially the mountains.

Incredible from Wout van Aert, a mountain, time trial and sprint to Paris!
Pogacar, wow 22 years old, fantastic throughout and some amazing stages in the mountains. The cat and mouse battles with Vingegaard and Caracas and his dominance and protecting the jersey after the early lead

Cavendish worthy green jersey but just out though/fought today!
Did you have a go after his cheeky head but on the first week ;-)

BBC News “sport” on the 10pm broadcast with no mention of Cav’s Green jersey victory, or indeed anything about the Tour at all.

BBC News “sport” on the 10pm broadcast with no mention of Cav’s Green jersey victory, or indeed anything about the Tour at all.

To be expected bet the bbc covered that 'sport' that is a good walk ruined, think it's called golf.

About the only 'sport' you dont need to be fit to play ;) and can get dressed in the dark ! Going by what they wear !

I was gutted Cav didn't break the record on his "home turf" Maybe he made a mistake leaving Morkou's wheel and following Van Aert's which boxed him in and he never got a clear run.

I hope he gets another chance next year, but with Bennet back he might not.

Its been a good tour though, Pojacar could win it riding a penny farthing backwards, he is unreal. Vingegard did well and are we seeing the end of SKY/Ineos domination.

I was gutted Cav didn't break the record on his "home turf" Maybe he made a mistake leaving Morkou's wheel and following Van Aert's which boxed him in and he never got a clear run.

Its been a good tour though, Pojacar could win it riding a penny farthing backwards, he is unreal. Vingegard did well and are we seeing the end of SKY/Ineos domination.
Me too mate. I think Cav’s team used too much energy up chasing breaks but they were in a catch 22 situation. Cav gambled on a gap opening up next to the fence that never happened.

Heard rumours that Bennet could be on the move.

Cav has just said he made a mistake leaving his lead out man (on breakfast TV). You were right mate.

So here we are. The final race of the big 3 Grand Tours is underway.
I’m not a big fan of these prologue/short TT stages, but it’s what we have.
Considering the last report I heard was predicting today could be Spain’s warmest day ever, with 43 degrees being mentioned, I guess the riders will be thankful of the later start. I do think we could get some heat related health issues over the next 3 weeks though …

In crude terms it looms like Roglic’s to lose, or perhaps Rog vs Ineos for the GC.
I’m fascinated to see how Tom Pidcock goes after his Olympics heroics. For him, as well as Carapaz, the pressure is off in a way, but Yates needs to show some form.
I notice they aren’t going Madrid this time - wonder if that is a covid decision.
For any casual viewer who dips in and out, stages 17/18 the 1 and 2 Sept are the killer b2b mountain stages to look out for.

Looking forward it all anyway. Then we have a bumper end of season, with the World Champs Road Race in Flanders, then the delayed Paris Roubaix, then Il Lombardia on 3 successive weekends to round things off. Marvellous :-)

So here we are. The final race of the big 3 Grand Tours is underway.
I’m not a big fan of these prologue/short TT stages, but it’s what we have.
Considering the last report I heard was predicting today could be Spain’s warmest day ever, with 43 degrees being mentioned, I guess the riders will be thankful of the later start. I do think we could get some heat related health issues over the next 3 weeks though …

In crude terms it looms like Roglic’s to lose, or perhaps Rog vs Ineos for the GC.
I’m fascinated to see how Tom Pidcock goes after his Olympics heroics. For him, as well as Carapaz, the pressure is off in a way, but Yates needs to show some form.
I notice they aren’t going Madrid this time - wonder if that is a covid decision.
For any casual viewer who dips in and out, stages 17/18 the 1 and 2 Sept are the killer b2b mountain stages to look out for.

Looking forward it all anyway. Then we have a bumper end of season, with the World Champs Road Race in Flanders, then the delayed Paris Roubaix, then Il Lombardia on 3 successive weekends to round things off. Marvellous :-)

Hottest day in Spain? Not the mainland but this is what we had to endure in Majorca three weeks ago. 57E89009-93B3-40C2-9823-5BA38C0626A2.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.