The Pro Road Cycling Thread

Stage 16 of the Vuelta today looks another good one, over 4000m of climbing I think, certainly very tough.

Also stage one of the Tour of Britain, full coverage on itv4 from 10.15 today (with ad breaks about every 9 minutes no doubt). Fascinating to watch Remco.

Bad off that for Van Aert
Awful. I bet he wishes he was on the rolling road of southern Scotland with Remco.
It’s so hard to tell from tv isn’t it?
Crashes that have a similar look can have completely different outcomes in terms of injuries. I’ve been trying to keep track of this and the ToB so didn’t realise he had already crashed before that tbf.
He’s had awful luck WvA hasn’t he? :-(

Awful. I bet he wishes he was on the rolling road of southern Scotland with Remco.
It’s so hard to tell from tv isn’t it?
Crashes that have a similar look can have completely different outcomes in terms of injuries. I’ve been trying to keep track of this and the ToB so didn’t realise he had already crashed before that tbf.
He’s had awful luck WvA hasn’t he? :-(

Riders just sometimes go on a bad run when it comes to offs/injuries G being a prime example.

Conditions are grim today.

Looking forward to stage 18 - it’s in an area I drove through a few months ago to watch the superbikes. Roads climb a lot and very scenic.

Brilliant pal. I’m heading off Barnsley way tomorrow.

I always go out for the cycling - we have had town centre national circuit racing in Guisborough - the Tanfield lads come from down the road in Great Ayton. Went to see Le tour in Brighton. Winchester and Southsea when I lived on the South coast and in North Yorkshire a few years ago plus several Tours of Yorkshire and other races - exciting stuff and a good day out. I found out Great Ayton Butchers has fucking awesome sausage rolls thanks to watching cycling lol

I always go out for the cycling - we have had town centre national circuit racing in Guisborough - the Tanfield lads come from down the road in Great Ayton. Went to see Le tour in Brighton. Winchester and Southsea when I lived on the South coast and in North Yorkshire a few years ago plus several Tours of Yorkshire and other races - exciting stuff and a good day out. I found out Great Ayton Butchers has fucking awesome sausage rolls thanks to watching cycling lol
That sounds like familiar stuff to the kind of thing I do too.

For me, I always like to make a day of it and do my own ride too. Much more enjoyable than just watching a fly past of the pro boys.

I’m over in Sheffield now on one of the cat 2 climbs, then will ride over to Barnsley to catch them nearer the finish this afternoon :-)

That sounds like familiar stuff to the kind of thing I do too.

For me, I always like to make a day of it and do my own ride too. Much more enjoyable than just watching a fly past of the pro boys.

I’m over in Sheffield now on one of the cat 2 climbs, then will ride over to Barnsley to catch them nearer the finish this afternoon :-)

If you’re following the route wave to me in Chapeltown on the road out of Sheffield it passes my office!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.