The Proper BM Darts Thread

A A

Anonymous

I know there was a thread earlier, but it kind of degenerated into citykev slating darts (you cheeky monkey, you!) :D

Anyway...

Following on from a pm, what's everyone's thoughts as to who wins the PDC this year?

Lots of players hitting form just at the right time and the draw seems to have been kind to one or two in particular.

Cant see much further than Taylor for the outright and there are some interesting outsiders. Wes Newton from Backpool could be interesting and a cheeky each way tickle on Stuart Kellet (local lad from Denton) could yield a nice return.

Tonight's order of play sees:

7.10pm Steve Beaton v Kyle Anderson
8.15pm Lourence Ilagan v Jamie Lewis (Preliminary match)
9.00pm Wes Newton v Johnny Haines
10.00pm Mervyn King v Dean Winstanley
11.00pm Colin Osborne v Lourence Ilagan/Jamie Lewis

So an early opportunity to look at Wes Newton. Dean Winstanley is another who has been throwing really well of late and I hope he knocks the fuck out of King.

Game on!

I fancy Van Gerwen to cause an upset but at 4/1 he is a crap bet. I managed to get Adrian Lewis at 10/1 and James Wade (hes always up there just needs that bit of luck) at 20/1

Cracking games between Webster and White then Bowles and Cavan to finish last night

Yep, top notch stuff.

Not sure Wade's back to anything like his best but could be proved wrong. That Bowles threw really well but the draw means he meets Gary Anderson next (I think) and I'd be amazed if Anderson didn't blow him away. That said, not impossible as Anderson does have a wobble every now and then.

Good mate of mine is James Hubbard, young lad just breaking into the PDC, current youth world champ! One to watch in the future, starting to play a few games on Sky.. Will be at the PDC world championships, played earlier this year and lost to Phil Taylor in his first live TV game

I hope Barney wins it his performance the other night was top class and there's no one better to watch when he's on form like that. I reckon Taylor will win it though he'll be right up for it this year after not making it past the QF in the last 2 years.

King v Winstanley tonight could be a good match, wouldn't surprise me if that went the distance.

Quagmire blue said:
I hope Barney wins it his performance the other night was top class and there's no one better to watch when he's on form like that. I reckon Taylor will win it though he'll be right up for it this year after not making it past the QF in the last 2 years.

King v Winstanley tonight could be a good match, wouldn't surprise me if that went the distance.

King to make light work of it is my tip! :P

Looks a good prospect Hubbard. He's the second "father/son" combo I've come across (after Colin & Aaron Monk) in the PDC. Good to see a bit of tradition being carried on.

I absolutely love Barney and was gutted how he went off the boil so badly. It was all in his head (struggled with the fact he kept getting turned over by Taylor then kind of got that "can't be arsed with it all" torpor) and thankfully he seems to be back to his best.

He's got such a lovely, relaxed and natural style - absolute class act and seems like a really genuine bloke. Love the way the crowd get behind him too.

Taylor's still the guv'nor though. I think he is phenomenal and he was really nice when I met him (particularly in the context/setting) when he could easily have said "do us a favour and let me have me breakfast!"

Really looking forward to the King/Winstanley and the Newton/Haines match. Don't know too much about Haines, but I expect Newton to progress. As I said earlier, I hope Winstanley batters King - do not like him at all. Right up there with Hankey & Nicholson as arrogant, pantomime villain.

strongbowholic said:
Looks a good prospect Hubbard. He's the second "father/son" combo I've come across (after Colin & Aaron Monk) in the PDC. Good to see a bit of tradition being carried on.

I absolutely love Barney and was gutted how he went off the boil so badly. It was all in his head (struggled with the fact he kept getting turned over by Taylor then kind of got that "can't be arsed with it all" torpor) and thankfully he seems to be back to his best.

He's got such a lovely, relaxed and natural style - absolute class act and seems like a really genuine bloke. Love the way the crowd get behind him too.

Taylor's still the guv'nor though. I think he is phenomenal and he was really nice when I met him (particularly in the context/setting) when he could easily have said "do us a favour and let me have me breakfast!"

Really looking forward to the King/Winstanley and the Newton/Haines match. Don't know too much about Haines, but I expect Newton to progress. As I said earlier, I hope Winstanley batters King - do not like him at all. Right up there with Hankey & Nicholson as arrogant, pantomime villain.

His Dad (Vic) is an absolute legend! Salt of the earth, couldn't meet a nicer or funnier guy if you tried! The whole family are lovely.. and his sister is FIT as!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.