The Proper BM Darts Thread

Never say never about Taylors record being beaten. Adrian Lewis could well do it or MVG as they are young in darts terms both are still learning there trade and Lewis has won 2 world titles so far.

strongbowholic said:
speccybob 8 said:
strongbowholic said:
Nah mate. Darts is darts. BDO is great for exactly that reason. It shows the different level of ability in the game. It shows those who only ever see Phil Taylor and who say "see, it's not a real sport" just how fucking difficult a game it really is.

I've played plenty of lads on the BDO circuit and those knocking on the door and believe you me, they may bottle it a bit on the stage and hit your 45s and 58s a lot, but I know they are far better than they show.

The real difference between the PDC and the BDO (ability wise) is simply the bottle and the consistency.

Well put mate, I've got a board up in my kitchen. I can hit 18 darters (not that great) fairly easily. Put me up in front of people and it's totally different.
I'm the same - gutted if I go over 20 darts. However I got that really badly in my head and went through a spell of hitting 25, 26 even as bad as 35s on occasion :S

Love playing in the league on a Tuesday night (just been relegated unfortunately but was in Stockport Super League) and took some pretty notable scalps in those circles. However, threw for Stockport Borough a couple of years back and couldn't get my game on at all - again all in the head.

Also threw in the Scottish Open last year and completely ballsed that up too in my final game against a decent Yorkshire county player. Don't think I'd have ever beat him, but certainly expected to take a leg off him, yet couldn't hit more than 45 each visit - shockingly bad. Again, it got in my head in the game, lost the plot, got all embarrassed because I knew I could do better and knew he thought "what a ****, what's he doing in this comp".

Like I say, all in the head, as he probably thought nothing of the sort - in fact he probably thought "thank fuck this has been an easy match up".

Strongbow - I remember John Lowe once saying in an interview that when he did exhibition matches or played in pubs he would regularly get beaten by non-pro's. He said that lots of people have the ability but it's having the bottle to produce it on the big stage.

Ntini77 said:
Congrats to Taylor, he'll never be surpassed. If you believe darts qualifies as a sport, not a pub game, then he really should receive at least an MBE.

He was awarded an M.B.E. in 2001, but it was annulled after he was found gulity of indecent assault.

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1203738.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1203738.stm</a>

Taylor is a great darts player, undoubtedly the best ever. However as a person, the guy is an absolute tool.

He couldn't allow MVG to be interviewed without wanting to take centre stage. Putting the outer ring round the interviewers head and making a big scene about signing a dartboard for one of the retiring scorers.

I was in the VIP section a few years ago at the PL darts final in G-Mex. Didn't give a shit about his fans (and their kids) who'd paid a fortune/booked early for front row seats. Not 1 autograph to them. He was all about the VIP section.

Read his quote about being re-honoured:

“Things like the MBE are out of my hands now. But you know what the nicest part about it would be? Taking my mum to Buckingham Palace.

“She’s 70, riddled with arthritis, and she kept us going as a family even when we all lived downstairs in a house where the stairs were condemned. If anyone deserves the chance to put on her glad rags to go and see the Queen, it’s my mother.

Which begs the question, why didn't he take her first time around? Because the guy is a twat of the highest order.

EDIT: Apparently, he never actually received an MBE as it was rescinded following his nomination. Nonetheless, I'm sure being a 16 time world champion and winning worldwide tournaments would give him plenty of opportunities to let his mam don her glad rags.

What does everyone think about the premier league expanding to 10 players? Looking at the players in it I reckon there'll be some great matches. I also like the idea of the bottom 2 being eliminated after the 9th week, gives the strugglers something to play for!

Quagmire blue said:
What does everyone think about the premier league expanding to 10 players? Looking at the players in it I reckon there'll be some great matches. I also like the idea of the bottom 2 being eliminated after the 9th week, gives the strugglers something to play for!

Any confirmation on who the 10 are?

I hope Gary Anderson made it despite a disappointing year.

Quagmire blue said:

Think its a good idea as the Prem League format had gone a bit stale for me.

With the bottom two being eliminated it keeps it interesting, if the top four start to pull away.

The ten players are -

Taylor, Lewis, Van Gerwen and Wade - the top four seeds in the Order of Merit.

The wildcards are -

Barney, Hamilton, Wes Newton, Anderson, Thornton & Whitlock.

Pleased that Newton is in as he's hitting good form (disappointed that Terry Jenkins wasn't selected!!)

i've got two decent darts software on my laptop

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rusys.nl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rusys.nl/</a> - this one is mainly to keep a record of your game's. it gives you your 3 dart average and other statistics. also has a few practice game's on there.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nakka.com/soft/n01/index_eng.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nakka.com/soft/n01/index_eng.html</a> - on this one you enter the score you throw on your board and play against the computer. you can change the computer level if level 1 is too easy. theres 12 levels i think and i can only get to 4! decent game if you fancy practicing at home as it adds a little competition.

both are worth downloading if you haven't got them already

Good bits of kit them.

If anyone has a mac and is a dartist, then I can recommend Darx which does similar.

Ntini77 said:
Quagmire blue said:

Any confirmation on who the 10 are?

I hope Gary Anderson made it despite a disappointing year.
he'll definitely be in being a previous champ.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.