The Proper BM Darts Thread

Got to Cairnryan at 6:00 tonight and dashed backed to Manchester to watch the darts (sky +'d it) and purposely stayed off here :))

What a fucking great game!! What a legendary darts player that man is. Phenomenal.

Cookie - glad to be of service mate, enjoy your dough :D

I got a bit bored of the crowd singing the "wonderland" song for what felt like the 1000th time so I turned off at 4-4, I could have muted it in hindsight but it was just pissing me off. Not a massive fan of Taylor, but thought he'd win tonight and those odds were ludicrous at the time, not surprised people pounced on them.

Citizenhill said:
I got a bit bored of the crowd singing the "wonderland" song for what felt like the 1000th time so I turned off at 4-4, I could have muted it in hindsight but it was just pissing me off. Not a massive fan of Taylor, but thought he'd win tonight and those odds were ludicrous at the time, not surprised people pounced on them.

The "stand up if you love the darts" song was doing my head in, what a shit song & the crowd seemed to just keep doing it all night.

Juan King said:
Citizenhill said:

The "stand up if you love the darts" song was doing my head in, what a shit song & the crowd seemed to just keep doing it all night.

It's pissed me off all week the 'banter' (I hate that fucking word!) between the stands and the tables. Watch the darts FFS!!

Oh Well the 'real' championship starts this week.

The one where you watch and think "I could fucking beat them!"

But Strongbow, isn't it shite when you've been watching 100+ averages, to sit there and watch more 26's, 45's and 58's than you do ton plusses?

speccybob 8 said:
But Strongbow, isn't it shite when you've been watching 100+ averages, to sit there and watch more 26's, 45's and 58's than you do ton plusses?
Nah mate. Darts is darts. BDO is great for exactly that reason. It shows the different level of ability in the game. It shows those who only ever see Phil Taylor and who say "see, it's not a real sport" just how fucking difficult a game it really is.

I've played plenty of lads on the BDO circuit and those knocking on the door and believe you me, they may bottle it a bit on the stage and hit your 45s and 58s a lot, but I know they are far better than they show.

The real difference between the PDC and the BDO (ability wise) is simply the bottle and the consistency.

strongbowholic said:
speccybob 8 said:
Nah mate. Darts is darts. BDO is great for exactly that reason. It shows the different level of ability in the game. It shows those who only ever see Phil Taylor and who say "see, it's not a real sport" just how fucking difficult a game it really is.

I've played plenty of lads on the BDO circuit and those knocking on the door and believe you me, they may bottle it a bit on the stage and hit your 45s and 58s a lot, but I know they are far better than they show.

The real difference between the PDC and the BDO (ability wise) is simply the bottle and the consistency.

Well put mate, I've got a board up in my kitchen. I can hit 18 darters (not that great) fairly easily. Put me up in front of people and it's totally different.

speccybob 8 said:
strongbowholic said:
speccybob 8 said:

Well put mate, I've got a board up in my kitchen. I can hit 18 darters (not that great) fairly easily. Put me up in front of people and it's totally different.
I'm the same - gutted if I go over 20 darts. However I got that really badly in my head and went through a spell of hitting 25, 26 even as bad as 35s on occasion :S

Love playing in the league on a Tuesday night (just been relegated unfortunately but was in Stockport Super League) and took some pretty notable scalps in those circles. However, threw for Stockport Borough a couple of years back and couldn't get my game on at all - again all in the head.

Also threw in the Scottish Open last year and completely ballsed that up too in my final game against a decent Yorkshire county player. Don't think I'd have ever beat him, but certainly expected to take a leg off him, yet couldn't hit more than 45 each visit - shockingly bad. Again, it got in my head in the game, lost the plot, got all embarrassed because I knew I could do better and knew he thought "what a ****, what's he doing in this comp".

Like I say, all in the head, as he probably thought nothing of the sort - in fact he probably thought "thank fuck this has been an easy match up".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.