The Psyche of this club.

Need some real City supporting people at the club. The owner, the board, the managers and players don't feel the same way about the club as we do.

You look at any top clubs across the world and the people in the boardroom, along with a splattering of home grown players are the real DNA of their clubs. Look a Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Barcelona...they all want to be there and play for the shirt, living out their boyhood dreams.

I like Patrick Viera, and he does give a certain prestige to the club, but he is Arsenal through and through, so is Marwood. Ferran and Txiki are Barca fans.

It really does make a big difference IMO. I don't think many players lost any sleep on saturday night, apart from Vinny.

The psyche of this club has always been a bit shaky.Unfortunately the way the team plays football at the moment just makes things worse. We can't seem to put a 90 minute performance together and this season we have been very unconvincing up front. If we dominate the early part of a game but fail to score (and we are very inventive at failing to score) the pressure starts to build and the supporters sense it. It is just so obvious that our opponents gain confidence and belief when they keep out our very fancy but usually ineffective attacks, and our supporters sense it too. That's not the supporters' fault, it's the team's fault. Last season's support towards the end of the season was amazing (from my point of view as an armchair fan). I don't really know which is cause and which is effect but there's only so much a supporter can do : the team needs to give the fans some cause for optimism but this season we've been too predictable. United's amazing (ly lucky) run - W 16 D 2 L 0 didn't help either : how can you catch a team which every other team just capitulates to before the first whistle ?

The FFP regulations thingy hanging over our heads like the Sword of Damocles hasn't helped either. Hazard chose Chelsea over us and RVP chose to don the Tartan table cloth of Manchester Ushited. We've got stacks of money but we're not allowed to spend it and no-one seems to want to join us, even though we won the title in the most dramatic fashion of all time. Even Jimmy Grimble is now considering signing for United I've heard, the gloryhunter. God only knows who we'll lose and sign in the coming transfer window. I'm not optimistic to be honest. I'm not a rag on the wind-up, by the way, I'm just a City fan trying to find the bright side, but it's difficult. We've got a great squad of players and on our day we are still a very good side but there's a lot wrong both on and off the pitch. Some of it is under our control and some of it isn't. I would say that the single most damaging thing psychologically has been the upcoming FFPR. The rest of the football world seems to be gleeful about this too. Football is fixed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.