The Quality of Our Press Has Gone Down - Agree / Disagree?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Jumanji, 15 Sep 2019.

1. DontLookBackInAnger

DontLookBackInAnger

Everything is about perspective, was winning the league in 2011/12 down to Kun scoring a goal in the third minute of injury time....... or united losing at home 3-2 to Blackburn(who finished 2nd from bottom with only 8 wins all season), or a result of the other 86 points.....The issue with Saturday's result is that you can basically build any narrative, yes losing to Norwich isn't a great result but its not a huge sample size.....

2. HarrytheBlue

HarrytheBlue

Typically, against some opposition we go side to side and zig zag up the pitch to draw them on to us and out of formation - at that point we speed things up and exploit the space. When Kevin plays, the zig zag style doesn't last as long as when he gets the ball he tends to run directly at the opposition regardless of their formation. When he came on against Norwich, we instantly looked more dynamic. I'm not overly worried.

3. The problem will be, if we continue to allow the scoring opportunities we have allowed so far, to.teams with such limited possession & they don't fuck it up, we will not win many games 1-0.

So we either sort it out, or don't win the title.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    Absolutely not, have a look at the games the first four games this season

5. Gray

Gray

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed
    Team supported:
    ABU & The Bus Wreckers
    I reckon Ben Stokes would definitely agree. An article I think Sun has really got his back up.

6. DontLookBackInAnger

DontLookBackInAnger

My point wasn't we can win the title after losing to Norwich, we could.....but equally as you point out, if we keep playing at the back as we did over the weekend there won't be many clean sheets!!!! It's simply I wouldn't read too much into it, if it's Newcastle away last year then it's all good.. if its the start of half a dozen games turning in disappointing results we will be focusing on the FA Cup before the clocks go back!

7. karen7

karen7

I do too,the energy levels went up with him playing,no-one has his skills

8. Last season with Laporte & Vinny available, we had extra people to rescue things when they went wrong. This season, we will simply have to do less things wrong imo.

I don't think that 11, is a well enough balanced team & shouldn't play very often.

9. uwe rosler 28

uwe rosler 28

The midfield 3 of rodri d.silva and gudongan is more of a controlling 3 there is not much pace there to do the press which we need that midfield 3 is more suited to home games for me rodri needs kdb and 1 of bernardo or foden around him in these tough away games or at least 1 with good legs.

10. DontLookBackInAnger

DontLookBackInAnger

It would seem to me that we gambled that Kompany would stay(we seem to no longer make knee-jerk signings, I'm not saying that's a bad thing!!!), when that didn't happen they gambled again that we could "get by" with three, now we are down to one, so really it's a whole new ball game