The real old fans - come back.

bammy blue said:
It doesn't help for cup games when most of the south stand has to up sticks and scatter around the ground, i still think relocating the away fans to colin bell 3 would be the best place possible, must be a advantage for an away teams to be attacking their own fans in the second half, especially if we are chasing the game and their fans are up for it. Think a major re-think of their placing needs to happen when the SS is extended.
You leave CBL3 alone, we are OK up there. Sometimes we even shout and sing, it is just that we are so high up the referee and you cannot here us. In any case how could you have the away fans sat above the directors and coporates?<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:54 pm --<br /><br />
gocity said:
bammy blue said:
It doesn't help for cup games when most of the south stand has to up sticks and scatter around the ground, i still think relocating the away fans to colin bell 3 would be the best place possible, must be a advantage for an away teams to be attacking their own fans in the second half, especially if we are chasing the game and their fans are up for it. Think a major re-think of their placing needs to happen when the SS is extended.
You leave CBL3 alone, we are OK up there. Sometimes we even shout and sing, it is just that we are so high up the referee and you cannot hear us. In any case how could you have the away fans sat above the directors and corporates?
edited

ElanJo said:
gmckennasell said:
I dont understand why some supporters deny their is an issue with the atmosphere at the etihad , since standing in the scoreboard end in the 60's , our support upto the "takeover" has been decent and vociferous but i have noticed a decline , i would say 50% of the stadium dont sing or curse the officials they appear content to sit and be entertained One bloke in front of me today in east stand 101 went for 2 bags of chips on 22 minutes , i know the match wasnt rivetting viewing , but couldnt his porky son wait another half hour before stuffing his face , For all our success , there are some things i miss from Maine Road , the gallows humour etc , we used to pride ourselves of not becoming like "them" , plastic/tourist/celebrity club , but is this the price we pay for success.

Saying the atmosphere was good up until the takeover is pure rubbish. For the majority of the time at the new stadium it has been pretty poor. I won't even mention what the club tried to do to improve the atmosphere when Psycho was manager

disagree , its ironic , we are provided with probably one of the best teams in europe , and we sing fcuk all , but when we were shit we got behind the team much more , we all had our off days when we played at Maine Road , but there was always an attempt to get the crowd going . The bollocks you talk about when psycho was in charge is predictable , even the most partisan supporters , couldnt get behind a team that didnt score for 6 months at home

Ammy said:
I seem to remember piped applause and clapping for a game at Maine Road and the sign with hands clapping saying 'come on City' when we had corners. All to encourage audience participation.
Rose tinted Maine Road glasses anyone...?

Thanks, I thought I must have been imagining MR being very quiet for a lot of games, perhaps some people only remember the "special" nights like the last derby, millwall under KK, Norwich a week or two before (or was it after) etc etc, maybe when the Kippax was all standing the atmosphere was better, but once the legislation regarding all seater stadia came in, the atmosphere has been poor at some games, decent at some games and rocking at some games, depending on the importance of the game, the opposition and the events on the field of play.

law74 said:
Ammy said:
I seem to remember piped applause and clapping for a game at Maine Road and the sign with hands clapping saying 'come on City' when we had corners. All to encourage audience participation.

Thanks, I thought I must have been imagining MR being very quiet for a lot of games, perhaps some people only remember the "special" nights like the last derby, millwall under KK, Norwich a week or two before (or was it after) etc etc, maybe when the Kippax was all standing the atmosphere was better, but once the legislation regarding all seater stadia came in, the atmosphere has been poor at some games, decent at some games and rocking at some games, depending on the importance of the game, the opposition and the events on the field of play.

I don't think anybody is saying Maine Road was rocking every game but do you think it would have been as bad as that for an FA Cup quarter final?

On one of our trips to the UK my wife and I were sitting in the section between the old scoreboard end and the main stand at Maine Road. I was mildly abusing the incompetent referee and was told by "fans" around me "we don't do that these days, it's not acceptable".

I blame the muted atmosphere on the PC brigade who claimed that Noddy and Big Ears were queers. Fans at games should be allowed to voice their feelings, be it urging on their team or deriding the clowns (sorry officials) in the middle. Players respond to encouragement and fans should give them that, buggier the guys around tut-tutting and shushing -they really should be at the Queen's garden parties.

ManCitizens. said:
law74 said:
Ammy said:

I don't think anybody is saying Maine Road was rocking every game but do you think it would have been as bad as that for an FA Cup quarter final?

For most of my life a quarter final in the FA cup would have been the most important game of the season and as such would have had a better atmosphere (importance of the game), this year we had just came back from winning the League cup, have a trip to Barca to look forward to and are still in the hunt for the title so wasnt the be all or end all game that it would once have been, like it or not, people do not get as excited for every game and the major games tend to have the better atmospheres, add to that, quite a few thought we would sail through a game against Wigan, and the first hours performance didnt lend itself to a rocking atmosphere.

Why Always Ste said:
Already posted this in another thread but yea we won a free upgrade into the Hospitality area today and it was awful.
Hardly no atmosphere, everybody sat down (only standing to go eat more food)
The dress code, general vibe, just wasn't football for me at all.

I would genuinely refuse an offer of a free Box or any hospitality after experiencing it as you just can't put a price on Atmosphere that we somehow still get in small pockets in the stadium.

We were 2-1 down near the end and where we sat in this corporate area was near enough empty (even though we had 3mins + 5mins extra time) to play.

No support except with your credit card when buying overpriced carveries and shit.

[bigimg]http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/61984000/jpg/_61984460_seats.jpg[/bigimg]

Please.

Genuine question. People stand now in the South Stand. What difference will these make? I'm sure you knew hospitality would not be where the songs emanate from before you went in...

manchester blue said:
Why Always Ste said:
Already posted this in another thread but yea we won a free upgrade into the Hospitality area today and it was awful.
Hardly no atmosphere, everybody sat down (only standing to go eat more food)
The dress code, general vibe, just wasn't football for me at all.

I would genuinely refuse an offer of a free Box or any hospitality after experiencing it as you just can't put a price on Atmosphere that we somehow still get in small pockets in the stadium.

We were 2-1 down near the end and where we sat in this corporate area was near enough empty (even though we had 3mins + 5mins extra time) to play.

No support except with your credit card when buying overpriced carveries and shit.

[bigimg]http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/61984000/jpg/_61984460_seats.jpg[/bigimg]

Please.

Genuine question. People stand now in the South Stand. What difference will these make? I'm sure you knew hospitality would not be where the songs emanate from before you went in...

It will increase the stadium capacity but unless you can stand wherever you like (which I'm sure won't be allowed), then I don't see it making much of a difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.