The REAL unthinkable issue

gordondaviesmoustache said:
6524020277_10639a1a58.jpg
Had that sign up in my gym years ago, along with "Be first, Be fast, Be fucking ferocious." should put them up in the team dressing room.

AlgarveBlu said:
Ducado said:
Sometimes the forum becomes unreadable with the amount of depressing threads, of course none of us are happy about the current situation but does that mean that people have to starting even more depressing threads, you can’t have the ups without the downs it’s a lesson in life that many people need to learn

I agree and I'm not in the habit of starting these but it was discussed by Neville and Quinn after the game for about 5 minutes and they seem to be held in great esteem by most here - well Neville anyway. Would I have posted it had we won probably not but then it wouldn't have been raised on national tv - as mentioned ii an earlier post quite happy for you to close the thread down

Neville wants it to happen,did he say the same thing about the rags owners last year,no he didn't.Starting this thread on the back of a rags comments is ridiculous

karen7 said:
AlgarveBlu said:
Ducado said:
Sometimes the forum becomes unreadable with the amount of depressing threads, of course none of us are happy about the current situation but does that mean that people have to starting even more depressing threads, you can’t have the ups without the downs it’s a lesson in life that many people need to learn

I agree and I'm not in the habit of starting these but it was discussed by Neville and Quinn after the game for about 5 minutes and they seem to be held in great esteem by most here - well Neville anyway. Would I have posted it had we won probably not but then it wouldn't have been raised on national tv - as mentioned ii an earlier post quite happy for you to close the thread down

Neville wants it to happen,did he say the same thing about the rags owners last year,no he didn't.Starting this thread on the back of a rags comments is ridiculous
Exactly. He's really showing his true colours now we are starting to struggle. I've no idea why so many blues bought into his shite, him calling for Demichelis to be booked for being elbowed in the face by Fellaini pretty much sums him up.

I think at worse, Neville K'Neville was insinuating (under a thinly veiled act of caring as a Mancunian) that City might end up as a 'Blackburn'.
At best, he really isn't the business oracle he perhaps thinks he is. Quinn, similarly shouldn't have attempted to create flames from non existent embers.
Just remember the stadium plans, the CFG, the 6000 odd homes ADUG are involved in...and that's before the grand 'Panda World' Leisure destination planned for the surrounding area.

karen7 said:
AlgarveBlu said:
Ducado said:

To be fair K7 ,he did say FPP was a joke and it was stupid that it's unintentional (supposed I know) consequence was impacting us...he even tried to offer a solution to the problem which sounded reasonable to me in terms of issuing a bond that guaranteed any outstanding debt. It was Quinny who slapped him down Neville suggested City takes on 'FFP' -

Anyway let's just conclude that he is a duplicitous twat with an agenda - that should keep us all happy...

AlgarveBlu said:
karen7 said:
AlgarveBlu said:

To be fair K7 ,he did say FPP was a joke and it was stupid that it's unintentional (supposed I know) consequence was impacting us...he even tried to offer a solution to the problem which sounded reasonable to me in terms of issuing a bond that guaranteed any outstanding debt. It was Quinny who slapped him down Neville suggested City takes on 'FFP' -

Anyway let's just conclude that he is a duplicitous twat with an agenda - that should keep us all happy...

Neville's comments after the match were fine. He might not have all the nuances of FFP issues, but he spoke as most fans would... and I agree with him. FFP's not doing what it set out to do, instead it's stopping 'dreams' like City from happening. I'm not as convinced it needs to be City challenging FFP because that means us putting our heads on the block, in what would be mostly for other people's benefit now we are on the right side of FFP.
Putting our sky blue specs to one side though, even if FFP might help to protect us in the future by stopping other clubs following our path, we should be against it.

AlgarveBlu said:
When reading the post earlier on 'what if the unthinkable happens' I assumed it was about the issue that Gary Neville raised after the match yesterday about FFP and his talk of 'not wanting to see the owners leave City and us sliding back to league 1'...

Sent a shiver down my spine to be honest and I know from the position we are in now the idea seems ludicrous, but is it any more ludicrous than someone saying in 2008 that we would go on to win two PL titles in the next 6 years?

We have to go back to why ADUG bought into City and look at the core reasons and it was not in my opinion as a direct financial investment that would yield profits alone from our club but it was to put Abu Dhabi on the global map and indirectly yield benefits by raising the country's global profile with a fairly consistent winning team- They know they can't rely upon oil revenues forever.

If FFP cuts off our arms and legs and we end up being an 'also ran' club as the others can compete for the likes of Bale at al, does the project backfire on them and they look for a way to extrapolate themselves from the City project?

The Chimps league does not even register on the scale of sleepless nights compared to this...I do think that they would never leave City without the house being in good order though and not debt ridden like United as that is a legacy that from a PR point of view would damage them significantly...

I would go back indoors or put a sun hat on as it seems the sun has gone to your head.

somapop said:
I think at worse, Neville K'Neville was insinuating (under a thinly veiled act of caring as a Mancunian) that City might end up as a 'Blackburn'.
At best, he really isn't the business oracle he perhaps thinks he is. Quinn, similarly shouldn't have attempted to create flames from non existent embers.
Just remember the stadium plans, the CFG, the 6000 odd homes ADUG are involved in...and that's before the grand 'Panda World' Leisure destination planned for the surrounding area.

He's not the world's greatest businessman, neither are we. His reference to Blackburn was justified.... They were allowed to invest and compete, and create memories that will last a lifetime. They also had a half decent stadium as a legacy.
Jack Walker didn't have the money Mansour has, but we was allowed to give fans a fantastic trip for as long as it lasted. Whilst Blackburn have now fallen away, nobody can take away the memories of winning the league. With FFP, those memories could never have been created.
And let's not kid ourselves here.... we may well have ended up like Leeds had fortune taken a different path. We weren't some invincible club that couldn't have gone bust.

Football needs competition, and the only two ways you can create that is by:

a) Stopping the mega rich clubs spending
or
b) Allowing rich owners to compete with the mega rich club's spending

Ideally a) would be the best option, then all other clubs stand a chance. But since it's not happened, b) is the only option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.