The rise and rise of Manchester City....

Talking of Ipswich, I went to a game at Maine Road once against the self-styled "Tractor Boys" - we were both struggling as I recall so it was a potential six-pointer. We hadn't won in ages but amazingly went 2-0 up.

Then it rained and the ref abandoned it.

I have a memory of the Ipswich players celebrating the abandonment as though they had won the cup - I can still see Ian Marshall skipping across the pitch to their fans with his arms in the air.
Then I just had to leave in the rain, get soaked, and drive home - all for nothing.

One of those days when you wondered why you had bothered getting out of bed.

Talking of Ipswich and Vaughan; their chairman, Sheepshanks, was on the tribunal that set the fee. Dry bumming to the value of nearly one and a half million

Blue Theatre said:
Talking of Ipswich, I went to a game at Maine Road once against the self-styled "Tractor Boys" - we were both struggling as I recall so it was a potential six-pointer. We hadn't won in ages but amazingly went 2-0 up.

Then it rained and the ref abandoned it.

I have a memory of the Ipswich players celebrating the abandonment as though they had won the cup - I can still see Ian Marshall skipping across the pitch to their fans with his arms in the air.
Then I just had to leave in the rain, get soaked, and drive home - all for nothing.

One of those days when you wondered why you had bothered getting out of bed.

And if I recall correctly... we lost the replayed game!

As soon as I became properly old enough to follow City they won the 2nd division championship, the 1st division championship, the FA Cup, the League Cup and the ECWC.

City being a big club winning things was what I thought was the natural state of affairs, and still do.

I regard the recent success as normal service being resumed after an unfortunate 4 decade gap rather than a rise.

laserblue said:
How can we forget Luton? Now in the Conference but stayed up by relegating City from the old 1st division in 1983.

I never fail to smile when I see these cunts in non league, however, 30 years ago isn't recent

The Pink Panther said:
laserblue said:
How can we forget Luton? Now in the Conference but stayed up by relegating City from the old 1st division in 1983.

I never fail to smile when I see these cunts in non league, however, 30 years ago isn't recent
It seems like yesterday to those of us of a ''certain vintage''. Seeing the (ALLEGED!!!!) kerb crawler cavorting across God's sacred turf was like a dagger to the heart.

D(KC)PIAC.

jimharri said:
The Pink Panther said:
laserblue said:

I never fail to smile when I see these ***** in non league, however, 30 years ago isn't recent
It seems like yesterday to those of us of a ''certain vintage''. Seeing the (ALLEGED!!!!) kerb crawler cavorting across God's sacred turf was like a dagger to the heart.

D(KC)PIAC.

It still gives me nightmares to this day! 2 days after my birthday as well!

To those of you who want to watch it again, if you were not even alive then watch it anyway

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvvjUelc0k[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.