The rise of UKIP

No, big surge but still way behind the big two

Johnsonontheleft said:
Do we now have 4 main political parties in this country?
No, You have 2 dominant parties (Conservative and Labour) and at the moment two lesser parties that have been exceeding expectations (UKIP and Lib Dems). I would say you can't be a main political party without having legitimate expectations of being able to form a majority government or spend multiple terms in office as a dominant part of a coalition.

I live in Trafford..spit...and talking to the Labour and Tory activists in the last few days they are very worried about UKIP, i got the impression that Labour more so, we do not get our results until tonight but believe the Torys will hang on, just about
Yes UKIP are on the rise but Farrage should heed the words of the Wolfman ''lets not start sucking each others dicks yet''

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
No, much as you must have enjoyed your powerwank imagining such a scenario.

Pretty much this.

UKIP will go the way of Liberty, Veritas, the BNP, the Greens and all the other "almost fourth parties".

When people are using you as a protest vote and you're pretty much a single issue party, all you're doing is ensuring that you will have one good cycle and the main parties will just nick your ideas and grab your voters.

Damocles said:

Pretty much this.

UKIP will go the way of Liberty, Veritas, the BNP, the Greens and all the other "almost fourth parties".

When people are using you as a protest vote and you're pretty much a single issue party, all you're doing is ensuring that you will have one good cycle and the main parties will just nick your ideas and grab your voters.

Spot on. He will force the Cameron into giving us a vote on Europe and when that's done and dusted both himself and his party will disappear again.

Damocles said:

Pretty much this.

Historically, yes. I think people are becoming either politically astute of the main 2, or completely apathetic. Either way, I think things are changing

Don't really think a party with zero MP's can be described as a main political party.

When they have to produce a manifesto for next years election that presumably will consist of something more than, vote for us 'cos we ain't Labour or Tory, people will begin to see what they stand for and vote accordingly.

I predict there percentage vote will be in single figures for the general election and by the time the election after that comes around, they'll be nothing more than distant memory.

Damocles said:

Pretty much this.

If the EU shite doesn't get sorted out soon, bloated plutocrats, billions of pounds (fuck the euro) wasted and stolen, 10000 Eurocrats on more than the UK PM, a monstrous, unaccountable political juggernaut (none of which the '75 referendum envisaged), then UKIP will continue to grow. People in the UK, and a good number elsewhere are just pissed off with the European Union and what it has become.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.