The Roberto Mancini appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you'd told me 10 years ago that a manager would arrive who would lead City to their first trophy in 35 years, win 6-1 at OT, bring us 5 visits to Wembley in 3 years, win the Premier League title beating Utd in what is widely accepted as the greatest ever finish to a season in England, and give us all so much joy and memories to cherish till we die ...

... only for us to sack him (in a slow and embarassing manner) because we didn't feel he was good enough for our club any more

... then I wouldn't have believed you.

Sorry, Roberto ... I thought we were a better, more respectful, and less arrogant club that Chelsea, Madrid, etc ... but it appears I was wrong.

I feel a bit ashamed to be a City fan right now, to be honest.

Blue Theatre said:
If you'd told me 10 years ago that a manager would arrive who would lead City to their first trophy in 35 years, win 6-1 at OT, bring us 5 visits to Wembley in 3 years, win the Premier League title beating Utd in what is widely accepted as the greatest ever finish to a season in England, and give us all so much joy and memories to cherish till we die ...

... only for us to sack him (in a slow and embarassing manner) because we didn't feel he was good enough for our club any more

Sorry, Roberto ... I thought we were a better, more respectful, and less arrogant club that Chelsea, Madrid, etc ... but it appears I was wrong.

If you'd have told me ten years ago that someone would spend £300m on our squad and still not be able to beat a relegation threatened club from a town best known for pies and piers, to have no pattern of play and to turn 3 of the most feared strikers in Europe into donkeys, I'd have gone pig hunting in my tiger moth!

-- Mon May 13, 2013 6:27 pm --

Blue Theatre said:

If you'd have told me ten years ago that someone would spend £300m on our squad and still not be able to beat a relegation threatened club from a town best known for pies and piers, to have no pattern of play and to turn 3 of the most feared strikers in Europe into donkeys, I'd have gone pig hunting in my tiger moth!<br /><br />-- Mon May 13, 2013 6:27 pm --<br /><br />
Blue Theatre said:

If you'd have told me ten years ago that someone would spend £300m on our squad and still not be able to beat a relegation threatened club from a town best known for pies and piers, to have no pattern of play and to turn 3 of the most feared strikers in Europe into donkeys, I'd have gone pig hunting in my tiger moth!

he gave us success for first time in decades, yes this season has been a shambles, all when tits up when nige left, i like mancini, but he needs a plan B when matches aint going to plan, and get some decent players in, not the b class we got last time, abeit, not his fault.

he has my support for another season, but alas i think he be gone in a week or so.

welsh_andy said:
he gave us success for first time in decades, yes this season has been a shambles, all when tits up when nige left, i like mancini, but he needs a plan B when matches aint going to plan, and get some decent players in, not the b class we got last time, abeit, not his fault.

he has my support for another season, but alas i think he be gone in a week or so.

Well, if we are gonna be trophyless then coming second in the PL and runner-up at Wembers is the sort of shambles I'll just have to live with!

I would rank mancini alongside joe mercer , as the best ever city manager , I never thought anybody would compare to "genial joe" but mancini has done nearly everything asked of him , won a first trophy for 35 years , won the premiership , qualified for champs league , embarrassed yooonited by murdering them on their own turf , and contributed to baconface retiring.
Thanks Roberto , you will always be remembered as a city great , and you certainly don't deserve the shabby treatment from the club and the press over the last month or so , I just hope the two Spanish half-wits who have leaked the news to the press , are made to pay for their mistake. But if pelegrini does eventually get the job , then I am sure all city fans will back him and give him a chance , after all the club is bigger than any individual .

A solid bond in your heart MANCINI

i will never forget you mancini for the rest of my life you did what no other manager did and stand up to fergie and kick him the bollocks and took the league of them in a style no other club will ever do again

so if you are going and i hope not i leave you this song and you did build a solid bond in everybody heart at manchester city

A solid bond in your heart

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIZxNy2i5EQ[/youtube]

Feel is a word I can't explain
At least not in words that are plain
That make it easy to express
But I'll try to do my best
To hit you were it counts
I Just wanna build up

I am fuelled by the idea
That this world was made to share
But it never seems to work out
And all we seem to share is
Doubt and misery
I just wanna build up

Do you feel it in your soul
When your heart begins to fold
Keep it in mind to
Keep on trying!

It's like a feeling deep inside
Please don't ever try to hide

I just wanna build up
It's what's missing from this life
And the trust you need to ignite
Any dream worth holding dear
When the dream is so near
You've got to try and try to get it back
Push it to the limit and build

Re: A solid bond in your heart MANCINI

ancoats said:
i will never forget you mancini for the rest of my life you did what no other manager did and stand up to fergie and kick him the bollocks and took the league of them in a style no other club will ever do again

so if you are going and i hope not i leave you this song and you did build a solid bond in everybody heart at manchester city

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIZxNy2i5EQ[/youtube]

Feel is a word I can't explain
At least not in words that are plain
That make it easy to express
But I'll try to do my best
To hit you were it counts
I Just wanna build up

I am fuelled by the idea
That this world was made to share
But it never seems to work out
And all we seem to share is
Doubt and misery
I just wanna build up

Do you feel it in your soul
When your heart begins to fold
Keep it in mind to
Keep on trying!

It's like a feeling deep inside
Please don't ever try to hide

I just wanna build up
It's what's missing from this life
And the trust you need to ignite
Any dream worth holding dear
When the dream is so near
You've got to try and try to get it back
Push it to the limit and build

Top tune mate, and very apt

I hope Bobby doesn't go. I love the way he handled the press when we played ManU. we have come so far with Roberto, how on earth can they sack a manager who has achieved so much in the time he has been with us. Even Fergie didn't achieve much in the first few years.
He has given us something to sing about and be proud of and I for one thank him with all my heart. Beating the rags 6-1 then last year winning the title, who could forget that. I think it is a pretty shabby way to treat him and I am disappointed with the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.