The Roberto Mancini appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasnt gone?! A paper prints a story and its a fact, for nearly three year various newspapers have reported that Mancini was/is/will be sacked, I dont know if he will be or not but I havnt seen a quote from the club, Mancini or anyone else in any of these stories.

Thanks very much roberto, you've done a sterling job.

Roberto-Mancini-wears-his-trademark-City-scarf-whilst-looking-on-at-the-action.jpg

Forza Mancini

You’re still popular with the fans, do you think that will help you keep your job?This is normal because we won. I don’t think there will ever be another manager who will win 6-1 at Old Trafford against Ferguson. I was the first manager who, after 30 years, took the banner from Old Trafford. We won one Premier League, we won one FA Cup, one Charity Shield. For this reason, I am very popular with the supporters. I love them, they love me. I am very happy for this. If I leave the club, I will be the first supporter of Manchester City in the future. Now, I can say nothing. I don’t know whether it’s true or not.

He appreciates fans support. This has shades of Mourinho sacking, you can go through all these managers find success and one day when it goes pear shaped Mancini will return after gaining experience at other clubs. Just like Mourinho is returning to Chelsea.

Countless times in numerous games he has been let down by his strikers,however his set piece set up both in defense and attack has a lot to answer for. As he has said many times you don't score you don't win.
I hope he stays and I hope we dont gift another summer transfer window to the opposition.

City till I die!

I've been going to watch City for nearly 30 years and I think the club sacking Mancini is the most disappointing thing that's happened during that time.

Getting relegated to the 3rd division was horrendous, but unlike some, I always knew it was a false position for a club of our size, and that eventually we'd be back where we belong in the top flight.

Mancini exceeded my dreams of what the club would achieve in my lifetime. I never thought we'd win a trophy, I never thought we'd beat The Shite 6-1, I never thought we'd play football like that Spurs away 5-1, I never thought we'd win the title.

He achieved all of those things, and I thought he'd go on to create a dynasty for the next 5-10 years. With Fergurson retiring I genuinely thought Mancini would become the top dog, the man to beat. And we've thrown it all away.

I don't know if it's down to the impatience of the owner, or the ego of Marwood / Soriano / Txiki, but it certainly not down to his achievements or the esteem that the fans hold him in.

A genuine legend of the club, within another 3 years he'd have gone on to be our most successful manager ever, without question. He gave the club it's pride back, and I'm absolutely wounded that he won't be there next season. Whoever has made this decision should be ashamed of themselves, I'm disgusted at them.

Forza Mancini

I can't believe these stories that the papers are running. 1 poor season and he's out? I don't like it. I'd give mancini another season.

colinthewindow-cleaner said:
After the years of dross, how on earth can we seriously be doing this.
Have we not learn from the years of misery guts at cold Trafford that this is not the way forward.

Can someone help me explain to my 16 old daughter ( season ticket 7 years), that this is what happens in life when you're successful as bobby has been.

She was there for the 6-1 and this years win at cold trafford ( also 2-1, thanks benjarni )and couldn't watch the last few minutes of the QPR game.
The owners weren't there.

gelly said:
You’re still popular with the fans, do you think that will help you keep your job?This is normal because we won. I don’t think there will ever be another manager who will win 6-1 at Old Trafford against Ferguson. I was the first manager who, after 30 years, took the banner from Old Trafford. We won one Premier League, we won one FA Cup, one Charity Shield. For this reason, I am very popular with the supporters. I love them, they love me. I am very happy for this. If I leave the club, I will be the first supporter of Manchester City in the future. Now, I can say nothing. I don’t know whether it’s true or not.

He appreciates fans support. This has shades of Mourinho sacking, you can go through all these managers find success and one day when it goes pear shaped Mancini will return after gaining experience at other clubs. Just like Mourinho is returning to Chelsea.

Rest assured if he plys his trade elsewhere, acknowledges and learns from his shortfalls, and more importantly is willing to return, he will always be welcomed back here with open arms by the clear majority of City fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.