The Roberto Mancini appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have hated the constant stories about him going in the last few weeks and just hoped it wasn't true. Sadly it was, but someone in the club must have been less than able to keep their gob shut about it for it to have been such a strong story.

I just hope the people who have made this decision dont come to regret it. It was Bobby, not the squillions of quid, which ensured that I looked forward to games against United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spuds and the Arse with excitement and not dread. Unfortunately it was also Bobby which made sure I hid behind the sofa sometimes when we played Everton, Sunderland and Stoke. Yes, he had weaknesses but he did make us competitive and incredibly hard to score against, especially in the league.

Thanks RM and you can be sure that when you come back to the Etihad to beat us in the CL with your new club the place will resound to 'Mancini Whoooa!' one more glorious time.

Gutted ! "A BIG THANK YOU" to Mr Bobby Manc.

Here we go again, managers IN managers OUT, will the top guys ever learn MCFC need to get stability at the helm (look at other clubs) we as supporters have given them this, should we as fans not expect this in return. This sacking could come back and really harm us as it has in the past.

Who is Pelligreni
What has he achieved

I'd just like to say a huge thanks to Mancini too, what a 3 1/2 years we've had with him at the helm. Trophies, european nights and wembley a second home.

Some great football too, not every game like but still some belters.

Thanks for the memories, its been emotional!

Oh and my wife fancied him too....

blueleader said:
Is history to repeat itself? In 1972 the board dumped Joe Mercer after he won us 4 Trophies in 3 years. Although they at least waited another 2 years before they did it. He of course went on to successfully manage England, albeit as a caretaker. But then CITY entered a tailspin of terminal decline. YES league cup 1976, YES 2nd in 1977. BUT NOTa European Trophy, and NOT League Champions. Down to the 3rd Division in 98/99.

Now we have sacked the man who ended 35 years of misery, exactly 12 months after we lifted the Premier League trophy. How grateful are we?
AND it seems the entire staff of the club knew this on Saturday morning. No wonder the players non-performed as they did.

The right appointment now is critical, or are we headed for another 35 years?It needs to be made NOW not with a week to go like last years tranfer fiasco when it was a case of "grab-what's-available" and make do.

There's no way you can connect Mercer being sacked to us entering the 3rd tier in 1998. So many things happened in the intervening years (signing Rod Marsh, Big Mal's second spell, Swales being too quick to fire Peter Reid, Swales in general, Franny Lee bringing in his mate Alan Ball, Frank Clark, all the bad signings, Paul Lake's injuries) all of these things contributed.

Mancini has done great things for this club, provided us with some of the fondest memories i'll ever have. He deserves his place in the pantheon of City heroes. But a decision has been taken by our owners without whom, none of Mancini's achievements would have been possible. We have to stick together, be thankful for Mancini and embrace the new boss.

ROBERTO MANCINI, MANCHESTER CITY LEGEND
Roberto Mancini, Manchester City Legend, Champion and FA Cup Winner, . loved by the fans, he loved the fans too. He gave us football to die for and he will never be forgotten and he is one of us now, as he says, a supporter. Grazie Mille, Roberto. We wish you the very best.

I will never in m lifetime beat the feeling when Aguero scored against QPR. Although for my heart it would have been nicer to win 3-0 and relax till the final whistle, the manner in which we won will never be beaten and that moment in history with Mancini and all running on the pitch will be remembered by me forever.

Mancini has taken us from a wealthy club who could challenge for honours to a club expected to win honours with some trophy's already won. Never thought I would see us win the PL and now I have.

He also stood up for this club, refused to be bullied, stood up to Ferguson unlike most others.

So best wishes Bob, will follow your career elsewhere and hope your successful where ever you go (unless u meet us in the CL of course) and thank you

Grazia Roberto per tutto.

Great memories and wonderful times.

Good luck wherever you go.

Tanti belle cose.

Massive crying still going on? Come on people, he is history, get behind the club, not behind overrated and overpaid loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.