The Roma match has convinced me...

Just wondering after the Real Madrid thumping is everybody still convinced
After watching both, I'm convinced that a 4-3-3 formation is the way to go. Suits our players better- Silva more central, Yaya not responsible for as much defensively, more cover for our defence (especially the full backs).

When we switched back to a 4-2-3-1 we lost control of the midfield, Silva became isolated and was quickly closed down, and our defence was opened up every time Real 'Spirit of Allardyce' Madrid launched a ball up the wings.

If we have a front 3 of Silva-Aguero-Sterling we'll walk the league this season.

After watching both, I'm convinced that a 4-3-3 formation is the way to go. Suits our players better- Silva more central, Yaya not responsible for as much defensively, more cover for our defence (especially the full backs).

When we switched back to a 4-2-3-1 we lost control of the midfield, Silva became isolated and was quickly closed down, and our defence was opened up every time Real 'Spirit of Allardyce' Madrid launched a ball up the wings.

If we have a front 3 of Silva-Aguero-Sterling we'll walk the league this season.

Agree but I do think it has to be dependant on the team we are playing and hopefully pelle will be a lot more flexible with the formation this year.

The Real Madrid thumping where only one of the youngsters mentioned was playing?

The question is would they have made the difference and the stalk reality is no. We all want to see one of the youngsters break into the First Team set up but we want them to be able to hold a position down through merit. These years can be vital stages in their development and if managed right they could benefit from a final good loan before the big step. Unfortunately the level we would like them to be playing at so they could easily slot into the team next year isn't always possible.

My point which obviously didn't come across was lets not get carried away some of these lads still have a long way to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.