The Roma match has convinced me...

He may or not turn into a good player but by fuck you sound like you so want him not to, how many times in a thread can you say it.

Prefixing negative comments with "I hope" doesn't make anybody believe you want him to succeed.

He scored in one game and looked neat and tidy in possession v Roma, not ready for the first team but he needs a loan to a decent level and let loose.

He may or not turn into a good player but by fuck you sound like you so want him not to, how many times in a thread can you say it.

Prefixing negative comments with "I hope" doesn't make anybody believe you want him to succeed.

He scored in one game and looked neat and tidy in possession v Roma, not ready for the first team but he needs a loan to a decent level and let loose.

I think sending him to a championship club like Leeds might help Barker. Uwe in charge there wouldnt be shocked if some of our EDS lads end up there this season. Playing for a big club in championship would benefit them.

TFC likes this.

Over the 2 games so far Barker seems the furthest from the first team which was a surprise to me. It just seems like he is a tad more nervous and a tad more unsure of his positioning.

I'm sure he'll have a great career but imo he needs to shake out those nerves if he wants to excel. Easiest way to do that imo is to run around like a crazed lunatic. Even if he's in the wrong place at the wrong time at least he's too busy to be self conscious. (Why am I still typing and not in bed....

Not sure about that advice haha.

Hooray.
i thought i'd be dreaming about this kid last night as my post about him pages back was roundly ignored. And when i watched the second half at 10pm last night there was no sign of him.

Saw him make three or four crunching tackles which is exactly what the team lacked last season.
Exactly mate, him over Fernando for me.

It could go either way, but when predicting, I always hark back to the players from the 1986 Youth Cup Final when City beat United.

I went to both legs, and it's interesting to compare our original observations with how things eventually developed.
Redmond had already made his City debut, but it was widely observed that Hinchcliffe had the most potential. Moulden's schoolboy achievements had given him the most media attention, whereas Brightwell tended to be mentioned more, in the context of his famous Olympian parents, than his ability to play in more than one position.

Nowadays we tend to remember Paul Lake as the future England Captain, but it was only in the immediate seasons after the Final when he grew in stature.

We also had a giant speedy right winger, whose speciality was to charge down the right wing, before slicing his cross into the North Stand.

Make no mistake, if Bluemoon had been around in 1986, nobody would have dared predict that David White would be the first City youngster to play for England.

Great post, made me laugh about Whitey slicing crosses but I still thought he was an exciting player going forward. Will always remember his performance against villa where he probably had his best night in City shirt.

I found it fascinating that talksport and several other media outlets posted negative comments about the size of the crowd compared to when Liverpool played in Aus. No mention of when Liverpool played the MCG that it was on a weekend rather than a Tuesday night - which from my memory of living there is a dead night for sports - also no mention of Harry Kewell and Craig Johnson connecting Liverpool to a lot of Ozzie fans who travelled huge distances to watch the game. All things considered the crowd was decent and I suspect the crowd v Real will be a big one. You have to laugh at the extent some journalists will go to to put a negative spin on us. The good thing is that we, the fans know how exciting the future is - to play so many teenagers against a decent side was great and their performances were so much better than the fringe players we have seen in previous years pre-season. The future has to be adding just a few signings to compliment our academy. Handled right I could see three or four in our youth set up becoming regular first team players, only Southampton seem to have that kind of hit rate.
Those dickheads conveniently forgot that the MCG holds over 100,000 fans. And for their information I can attest to attending AFL games at the MCG where the crowds were in the 20 - 30,000 range and that was for the local teams. And for those in the UK, AFL is the holy grail in Melbourne. It wasn't unusual to see supporters at games from clubs that weren't even involved in the game being played.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.