The Roses or Oasis, who would be the support act?

I love them both but perhaps favour the Roses a little.

What I do know is that if you throw the Smiths into this mix its the vegetarian anti - monarchist coming on last and stealing the show.

Davs 19 said:
ox-blue said:
Seen Oasis six times and Charlatans on the undercard 3 times each time the Charlatans pissed all over them!

Strange that..........you'd think that the Tim and the boys would have topped the bill if they were that good ?

Massive Charlatans fan Btw but they're not close to Oasis...........

Oasis were the right band, in the right place at the right time though.
The Charlatans copped for the backlash of Madchester and went through some difficult times.

It is funny how timing affects things. Oasis stole the Roses thunder. If the Roses had managed to get the second coming out before definitely maybe then I don't think it would have took all the stick it did. I don't think Second Coming is as good as definitely maybe but it is no where near as bad as people made out.

newtonheathdave said:
Davs 19 said:
ox-blue said:
Seen Oasis six times and Charlatans on the undercard 3 times each time the Charlatans pissed all over them!

Strange that..........you'd think that the Tim and the boys would have topped the bill if they were that good ?

Massive Charlatans fan Btw but they're not close to Oasis...........

Oasis were the right band, in the right place at the right time though.
The Charlatans copped for the backlash of Madchester and went through some difficult times.

It is funny how timing affects things. Oasis stole the Roses thunder. If the Roses had managed to get the second coming out before definitely maybe then I don't think it would have took all the stick it did. I don't think Second Coming is as good as definitely maybe but it is no where near as bad as people made out.

Agreed.

ifiwasarichfan said:

What I do know is that if you throw the Smiths into this mix its the vegetarian anti - monarchist coming on last and stealing the show.

I can't see anyone stealing the show above Liam, not even Mozza

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

Now we are talking :)

You think Mozza is a better front man than Liam mate?

Liam is up there in my top 3 with Ian McCulloch and Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode.

newtonheathdave said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

Liam is up there in my top 3 with Ian McCulloch and Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode.

Ah dave, it was going so well.

Ian Curtis. That is all.

Lavinda Past said:
Blur - a bunch of never-were's. Handful of jaunty cockney kness-up tunes and that was it. Damon Albarn = Ian Dury wannabe.

Roses - Space cadets. Ran out of drugs, ran out of ideas. Hyped up beyond belief. Ian Brown solo albums laughable.

Oasis - Best debut album ever, gradually ran out of steam, but the only band of the three who could play a three-hour show where everyone would know and sing all the songs

Well put, Oasis tbf never really put out a bad album after Be Here Now, they just totally lost the momentum pre-Be Here Now and the media never looked upon them favourably again. Heathen Chemistry was weak but the other 3 albums would make regular bands more than proud.

Davs 19 said:
newtonheathdave said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Ah dave, it was going so well.

Ian Curtis. That is all.

I was more into New Order that JD mate and I am not old enough to remember Ian as a front man. Have seen all the other 3 live so thats why they are in my top 3.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.