The Sack Mancini because of CL failure at City undermined

AucklandBlue said:
Last season United, Bayern and Barcelona won one trophy between them (Barca; Copa Del Rey). No manager was sacked and all teams look like winning their respective league by a decent distance this season (Granted Guardiola stepped down but they did replace him from within).

Mancini has a 5 year contract and has started to build something special here. They'll be seasons we win the league, they'll be seasons we dont. We'll occassionally have success in Europe and occasionally we wont. I do believe when he leaves he'll be replaced from within to continue our success.

But some fans want us to pull our pants down and bend over for Mourinho. He'd spend a shit load of cash with no guarantee he'd win anything with us and he's controversial and arrogant enough to f**k us off to join the rags when baconface retires.

Sure you're going to get clubs who punch above their weight in the CL. Napoli did well last year at the expense of qualifying this year. Dortmund are doing well this year (they wont win it) at the expense of of their domestic competitions.

If we finish 2nd and win the FA Cp it'll be the second most successful season in my lifetime. I'm 32. Call me old fashioned, but as a fan I'd rather see see City win the FA Cup than reach a semi-final of the CL.
He is the one manager that would guarantee us trophies and you could argue it would mean we would spend less on transfers as maybe he could motivate the likes of Nasri, Dzeko etc and get them playing at their best.

For me it simply comes down if they're ARE better available managerial options available we should go and get them. I think Silva is great player but I would swap him for Messi without a blink of an eye. One thing that is for sure though if Mancini does stay progress from the CL group stages is crucial with the money invested three successive (five if you count europa) failures in europe is an embarrassment and has to be put right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.