The Sack Mancini because of CL failure at City undermined

NipHolmes said:
cleavers said:
Blue Til Death said:
Yep I bet you swim like a fish too dont ya!!
No mate I'm not a great swimmer.
Nor a good poster ;)

Anyway. Going to scream. Jose at Chelsea. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That's two managers superior to Bobby now that we go up against. Hopefully HRH pulls the trigger and funds a war chest. Gonna need it to beat United and Chelsea. If we win the league now then Bobby will have done good. IMHO we won't now for next 2-3 season's. I hope and pray I'm wrong, of course, goes without saying but Jesus I'm fearful.

PSG, you tossers. Feel sick.

-- Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:03 pm --

cleavers said:
Blue Til Death said:
Yep I bet you swim like a fish too dont ya!!
No mate I'm not a great swimmer.
Nor a good poster ;)

Anyway. Going to scream. Jose at Chelsea. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That's two managers superior to Bobby now that we go up against. Hopefully HRH pulls the trigger and funds a war chest. Gonna need it to beat United and Chelsea. If we win the league now then Bobby will have done good. IMHO we won't now for next 2-3 season's. I hope and pray I'm wrong, of course, goes without saying but Jesus I'm fearful.

Who's the other one and who are Champions of England ???
Who are Champions?<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:13 pm --<br /><br />
VOOMER said:
We are always saying what bully boy would do with our squad. well he took over a club that was getting to finals and winning the occasional cup. He had 6 years of splashing cash before he won a league and his ratio in Europe would have got him sacked at Bayern, Barcelona, Real, Juventus, or either Milan club, 2 champions league wins, one which was daylight robbery, the other on penalties. He has created an environment, which has made his club out of bounds for justifiable criticism from all areas of the media and the FA. Mancini, has firstly come from Italy to England not 300 miles up the road, To a club, which when the rags were winning there amazing treble, had to rely on another last ditch comeback, to gain promotion from the 3rd division. We won our first trophy in 35 years and first league title in 44 years. There is now way to compare Blackburn's win with ours. We had a league with Chelski, The Gooners, Spurs and the Rags. A league that also produced the champions of Europe, two established managers who had a combined tenure which is greater than Mancini's age! He had to deal clearing Ade, Bridge, RSC and then got more out some existing players that we had ever thought possible. He has finished 5th, 3rd (won an FA Cup), then 1st. We may finish second and possibly win the FA cup again. So yeah Mancini is a is doing a crap job and we were a trophy winning side and perennial league challengers for the last 25 years before he came weren't we?

Anyone?

Great post Vroomer. My kind of supporter.

NipHolmes said:

That's quite a strange strange statement there NipHolmes. Mancini oversaw our first Top Flight win in 44 years, beating your stated manager into second place yet you state unequivocally that he is superior?

3 and half years in the league an 5th, 3rd, 1st (Championeeeees) and wherever we come this season, plus a FA Cup and CS to boot. I wonder how RasherChops got on in his first 3?

I don't pretend that Mancini is better but at the same time I don't try to play down or insult his, and our achievements just to make a point.

The Future's Blue said:
NipHolmes said:

That's quite a strange strange statement there NipHolmes. Mancini oversaw our first Top Flight win in 44 years, beating your stated manager into second place yet you state unequivocally that he is superior?

3 and half years in the league an 5th, 3rd, 1st (Championeeeees) and wherever we come this season, plus a FA Cup and CS to boot. I wonder how RasherChops got on in his first 3?

I don't pretend that Mancini is better but at the same time I don't try to play down or insult his, and our achievements just to make a point.

I'm not. In stating there's two managers or soon to be that are in charge of direct title rivals and they are imo better managers. To put down Ferguson is more bias than fact based opinion. They are running away with the league and doing so in record fashion, they were unlucky to get knocked out by Real Madrid. I don't like the sour faced wanker but he's a great manager and there's no denying it.

To answer the above. Yes we are champions but to compare our club now to decadeds home by is a moot point. Apples and Oranges. Look to the future, not the past. We have the best squad and we should be doing better than we are, performance wise can anyone day they've been happy that we are anything like our best? Most the season we've grinder results and relied on a solid defense. We are at 65-75% (to pluck figures) of our capabilites.

All about opinions. I just want my club, our club, to be the best we can be.

We will be right up against it from now on in. We will soon see that.

NipHolmes said:
I just want my club, our club, to be the best we can be.
Even if we are, we still won't win everything, every year, or even close, so you'll never get what you want, and you should probably give up now.
NipHolmes said:
No more, no less than last season or this.

NipHolmes said:
The Future's Blue said:
NipHolmes said:

I'm not. In stating there's two managers or soon to be that are in charge of direct title rivals and they are imo better managers. To put down Ferguson is more bias than fact based opinion. They are running away with the league and doing so in record fashion, they were unlucky to get knocked out by Real Madrid. I don't like the sour faced wanker but he's a great manager and there's no denying it.

To answer the above. Yes we are champions but to compare our club now to decadeds home by is a moot point. Apples and Oranges. Look to the future, not the past. We have the best squad and we should be doing better than we are, performance wise can anyone day they've been happy that we are anything like our best? Most the season we've grinder results and relied on a solid defense. We are at 65-75% (to pluck figures) of our capabilites.

Your not a glass half full type are you, not being funny and please don't take this the wrong way, how long have you been going? If its a month your view is as worthy as mine, it just gives me a perspective on the fans feelings. D D's being going for nearly as long as me I can appreciate where he's coming from and not always agree

Last season United, Bayern and Barcelona won one trophy between them (Barca; Copa Del Rey). No manager was sacked and all teams look like winning their respective league by a decent distance this season (Granted Guardiola stepped down but they did replace him from within).

Mancini has a 5 year contract and has started to build something special here. They'll be seasons we win the league, they'll be seasons we dont. We'll occassionally have success in Europe and occasionally we wont. I do believe when he leaves he'll be replaced from within to continue our success.

But some fans want us to pull our pants down and bend over for Mourinho. He'd spend a shit load of cash with no guarantee he'd win anything with us and he's controversial and arrogant enough to f**k us off to join the rags when baconface retires.

Sure you're going to get clubs who punch above their weight in the CL. Napoli did well last year at the expense of qualifying this year. Dortmund are doing well this year (they wont win it) at the expense of of their domestic competitions.

If we finish 2nd and win the FA Cp it'll be the second most successful season in my lifetime. I'm 32. Call me old fashioned, but as a fan I'd rather see see City win the FA Cup than reach a semi-final of the CL.

andyhinch said:
NipHolmes said:
The Future's Blue said:

Your not a glass half full type are you, not being funny and please don't take this the wrong way, how long have you been going? If its a month your view is as worthy as mine, it just gives me a perspective on the fans feelings. D D's being going for nearly as long as me I can appreciate where he's coming from and not always agree

Glass half full normally but I'm fearful we aren't maximising what we have.

I'm 25 and been going to matches since the age of 11.

My expectations are that we've got the golden ticket and it allows us to compete. I believe we have the best squad that's about 3-4 additions to being complete. I expect that Europe should be a realist aim and we must make strides forwards.

Had absolutely fuck all expectation when we had Pearce in charge. Loved our players then as much as I do now. My favourite player in years gone by was actually Steven Ireland. Sensational for that period under Hughes. However that's a different era now although the timespans so little.

NipHolmes said:
andyhinch said:
NipHolmes said:

Glass half full normally but I'm fearful we aren't maximising what we have.

I'm 25 and been going to matches since the age of 11.

My expectations are that we've got the golden ticket and it allows us to compete. I believe we have the best squad that's about 3-4 additions to being complete. I expect that Europe should be a realist aim and we must make strides forwards.

Had absolutely fuck all expectation when we had Pearce in charge. Loved our players then as much as I do now. My favourite player in years gone by was actually Steven Ireland. Sensational for that period under Hughes. However that's a different era now although the timespans so little.
Very fair, Ali B for me in resent times, like I say not a loaded question, come to the next meet up for a pint if you can

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.