The Scottish Politics thread

45 Labour MP’s has far more chance of disposing Tory rule than 45 SNP MP’s.

Vote Labour, get Tory has to be one of the worst election slogans ever, especially when vote SNP, get Tory rings even more true when it comes to the National picture.

The nation should get behind Starmer if for no other reason than to kill the Tories for the next 10-15 years at least and then see where it leads.

Meanwhile Scotland can vote SNP to its heart content in Holyrood elections.
The slogan in Scotland should be "dum, de de dum tish"

Vote any fucker you like and get Tories.

Its a vote winner.

I don't post much in here these days, but I could've sworn you were a Tory last time I looked.

Only time was brexit and my total disdain for Corbyn and co.

Brexit was a fucking disaster and a mistake I will never get over if I’m being honest but I’m happy with my loathing of Corbyn and co.

It seems the indy mvt even within the SNP is quietly dying with even many among their own ranks saying it's time to concentrate on governing and to revisit independence at a later date. The swift quiet exit of blackford and sturgeon and now this change of tone are a bit of a surprise - Sunak and particularly Starmer must be delighted.
Someone must have a lot of shit on the previously vocal independence crowd.

It seems the indy mvt even within the SNP is quietly dying with even many among their own ranks saying it's time to concentrate on governing and to revisit independence at a later date. The swift quiet exit of blackford and sturgeon and now this change of tone are a bit of a surprise - Sunak and particularly Starmer must be delighted.
Someone must have a lot of shit on the previously vocal independence crowd.
More a realisation it won’t happen soon. Id accept a federal Scotland but still part of UK. We need more of a say on our own direction, Brexit was a watershed moment.

At the end of the day, the SNP are for many a means to an end. If Indy happened overnight the SNP would be just another party.

More a realisation it won’t happen soon. Id accept a federal Scotland but still part of UK. We need more of a say on our own direction, Brexit was a watershed moment.

At the end of the day, the SNP are for many a means to an end. If Indy happened overnight the SNP would be just another party.
Think independence could be killed off quite easilly by a federal UK and allowing Scotland, and Wales if they wanted the same access to the EU as N. Ireland. However I don't see either Labour or Tories agreeing to that so independence will remain the only course. I just can't se a road to a referendum until at least after the next parliament and think maybe a fair few SNP members think the same.

Think independence could be killed off quite easilly by a federal UK and allowing Scotland, and Wales if they wanted the same access to the EU as N. Ireland. However I don't see either Labour or Tories agreeing to that so independence will remain the only course. I just can't se a road to a referendum until at least after the next parliament and think maybe a fair few SNP members think the same.
Nail on head. Fwiw I was once an SNP member. Even did leafleting for them, was active. I now vote Green. I abandoned nationalism a long time ago. Most folk, like me, who want independence do so from wanting a fairer society and more of a say in our own direction. Unfortunately the media paint independence voters as anti English, this isn’t the case. I know a fair few English folk in Scotland who vote SNP. I also think the English need to have more of a say on their own future, what’s good for London isn’t exactly good for Teesside for example.

Given the Tory and Labour current stance on Brexit there is no way they would want that to happen. NI benefits from still being in the single market but you have to get on a plane or a boat to witness it for yourself. I can't imagine either of our two main parties would want people from Chester or Berwick upon Tweed being a short drive away from a land border which when crossed would show the damage Brexit was doing back in their homeland

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.