The Scottish Politics thread

Nice post mate. Most snp voters are not bigots or anti English. Sadly a minority still are. Most just want what they see as best for Scotland. A modern progressive caring society that is an integral part of Europe.
I know no voting Tory who now votes SNP and supports independence. Folk don’t realise that a vote for the SNP is very much a vote for Independence and not necessarily an endorsement of the actual party. If/when independence is implemented tge SNP will just become another party amongst others, new ones will emerge and older ones will evolve.

Those that support going it alone want a better fairer society that Westminster can’t deliver, North England could maybe even benefit from a more devolved power as everything seems to be London centric. Folk that conjured up Brexit in Oxford couldn’t give a fuck about Moss Side, Leith or any other place containing folk they’ll never ever encounter.

Of course there’s an anti english element who vote SNP but that’s just a reflection of society. Not every Tory voter is a racist, not every Labour voter is a Commie. Unfortunately society contains arseholes, and they cover every big if the political spectrum.

Fwiw I used to be a snp member, was kinda active in party helping with leafleting etc. I now vote Green.

I know no voting Tory who now votes SNP and supports independence. Folk don’t realise that a vote for the SNP is very much a vote for Independence and not necessarily an endorsement of the actual party. If/when independence is implemented tge SNP will just become another party amongst others, new ones will emerge and older ones will evolve.

Those that support going it alone want a better fairer society that Westminster can’t deliver, North England could maybe even benefit from a more devolved power as everything seems to be London centric. Folk that conjured up Brexit in Oxford couldn’t give a fuck about Moss Side, Leith or any other place containing folk they’ll never ever encounter.

Of course there’s an anti english element who vote SNP but that’s just a reflection of society. Not every Tory voter is a racist, not every Labour voter is a Commie. Unfortunately society contains arseholes, and they cover every big if the political spectrum.
I could have written that myself.

There is also a segment that vote SNP but don’t support independence. They just favour the more progressive policies that in the main the SNP have pushed rather that Tory lite Labour.

There is also a segment that vote SNP but don’t support independence. They just favour the more progressive policies that in the main the SNP have pushed rather that Tory lite Labour.
That’s true, my mum, Ulster woman, votes snp but voted NO. Id probably be a Labour voter as I liked John Smith, Blair kinda ruined the party for many up here and as you say they are very much viewed as Tory lite. Starmer is just another wank from Oxford.

I voted SNP,while voting No in the last referendum in the last referendum.Simply beacuse their centre left policies,and their record in delivery were the nearest match to my politics especially with Labour in the wilderness.
At the next general election I’ll be voting SNP, to hopefully get my sitting tory MP out.
While I can see SNP difficulties and issues at the moment I think I still support them with a few doubts, but lack of alternatives,they still provide the nearest to my politics. Oddly while my support for SNP politics has wavered a bit, my support for independence has grown.

I voted SNP,while voting No in the last referendum in the last referendum.Simply beacuse their centre left policies,and their record in delivery were the nearest match to my politics especially with Labour in the wilderness.
At the next general election I’ll be voting SNP, to hopefully get my sitting tory MP out.
While I can see SNP difficulties and issues at the moment I think I still support them with a few doubts, but lack of alternatives,they still provide the nearest to my politics. Oddly while my support for SNP politics has wavered a bit, my support for independence has grown.
The SNP are a means to an end for many.

The SNP are a means to an end for many.
Maybe,but they only won the confidence of voters and stopped being seen as single issue party, by being a competent party of government. A party doesn’t win the elections and number of Westminster seats they have over the last decade ir so without having domestic policies that the electorate support.
Remember the first few Scottish parliaments were Labour / Liberal coalitions, the SNP had a lot of convincing to prove they could be a competent government.

Well yes partially.

From ONS

London saw the largest change in its net fiscal balance, moving from a £40.5 billion net fiscal surplus to a £7.2 billion net fiscal deficit, which is the smallest net fiscal deficit in the UK.

The North West and the West Midlands both had the largest net fiscal deficit with £49.9 billion and £37.1 billion respectively.

On a per person basis, London had the lowest net fiscal deficit per person at £800 per head, while Northern Ireland had the highest net fiscal deficit at £9,500 per head. The UK average for net fiscal deficit per head was £4,740.

The only difference is Scotland wants out of a broken UK which has to all intents and purposes implemented trading sanctions on itself.
Be careful what you wish for. Out of the frying pan and into the fire springs to mind. Lol

Out of interest Saddleworth what are those progressive policies ?

I’m in pretty much the same place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.