The show us your cat thread.

aria.jpg

I nearly adopted this maine coon but she was highly strung and had been returned twice and the sanctuary was putting so many silly rules in place she was never going to be let go by them , selfish of them , i have the time and experience to give her a brilliant life , i got merlin instead so no complaints there , still have a look at their webpage now and again and she is still there, feel sorry for the gorgeous aryia

Jasper imitating a scouser climbing things he shouldn't.

jasper.png

I don't own a cat - ownership doesn't fit my lifestyle. Still, I think I'd like to own one.

And for sure, I'm not quite certain where I stand with regard to the breeding of wild x domestic strains and all that this may entail.

All the same, I really love the restraint shown by the Savanah cat in this video. Such great demeanor!

That Savanah is 40+ pounds and if it wanted to, could easily kill both of those aggressive dogs.

View attachment 45633

I nearly adopted this maine coon but she was highly strung and had been returned twice and the sanctuary was putting so many silly rules in place she was never going to be let go by them , selfish of them , i have the time and experience to give her a brilliant life , i got merlin instead so no complaints there , still have a look at their webpage now and again and she is still there, feel sorry for the gorgeous aryia
I don't think that is a full maine coon. The ears don't look right and the tips are missing. My mate across the road has a part maine coon and our god daughter has a half maine coon and they are both very highly strung whereas both our maine coons have had perfect temperaments and hope our two new ones will follow suit

View attachment 45633

Surprised the little bugger hasn't been cancelled with a name like that.

I don't think that is a full maine coon. The ears don't look right and the tips are missing. My mate across the road has a part maine coon and our god daughter has a half maine coon and they are both very highly strung whereas both our maine coons have had perfect temperaments and hope our two new ones will follow suit
I always wanted a maine coon but never came across a rescue one , from the other pics i saw she is massive , maybe half as you say , it was sad they put so many rules of adoption in the way , for instance if another cat ever came in my garden , well yes but isnt that a normal thing that cats meet , they wanted a safe garden so she could go outside , she could always run in the cat flap if scared , i would have only let her out with me for a while and see how she did anyway ., Lots of other rules , i still think about her often , a life in a sanctuary is no life and noisy and busy and if she is that highly strung that is torture for her , oh well

Last edited:
I don't own a cat - ownership doesn't fit my lifestyle. Still, I think I'd like to own one.

And for sure, I'm not quite certain where I stand with regard to the breeding of wild x domestic strains and all that this may entail.

All the same, I really love the restraint shown by the Savanah cat in this video. Such great demeanor!

That Savanah is 40+ pounds and if it wanted to, could easily kill both of those aggressive dogs.

You can NEVER "own" a cat. haha. They just put up with us.

I always wanted a maine coon but never came across a rescue one , from the other pics i saw she is massive , maybe half as you say , it was sad they put so many rules of adoption in the way , for instance if another cat ever came in my garden , well yes but isnt that a normal thing that cats meet , they wanted a safe garden so she could go outside , she could always run in the cat flap if scared , i would have only let her out with me for a while and see how she did anyway ., Lots of other rules , i still think about her often , a life in a sanctuary is no life and noisy and busy and if she is that highly strung that is torture for her , oh well
Its really sad when someone as caring as you is prevented from given a poor little thing a loving new home for life. It makes you fucking wonder what is the matter with some of these rescue centres .here's our 2 nippers

Attachments

• IMG_20220508_125917.jpg
    IMG_20220508_125917.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • 116226.jpg
    116226.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.