The Smiths & Morrissey thread

Is there anyone else in the entertainment world that gets you this worked up or just mozza?
He's in a class of his own. I think what annoys me about him more than anything is that of course he's a wanker, we know that, but he is so utterly devoid of talent, and yet people cannot see it. More than that, they actually rave out him. Incredible.

Of course we have people like Rylan Clark-Neal - another talentless wanker, but no-one raves about him or has a thread about how wonderful he is. Keith Lemon, Terry Christian, Piers Morgan etc - there's plenty of them. But no-one combines such uber-cuntishness with being such a total talent vacuum, and at the same time is adored. Bizarre and very, very annoying.

Last edited:
He's in a class of his own. I think what annoys me about him more than anything is that of course he's a wanker, we know that, but he is so utterly devoid of talent, and yet people cannot see it. More than that, they actually rave out him. Incredible.

Of course we have people like Rylan Clark-Neal - another talentless wanker, but no-one raves about him or has a thread about how wonderful he is. Keith Lemon, Terry Christian, Pier Morgan etc - there's plenty of them. But no-one combines such uber-cuntishness with being such a total talent vacuum, and at the same time is adored. Bizarre and very, very annoying.
I feel you are only scratching the surface of the talentless there. Do you ever wonder if that which you find incredible is down to differing tastes and opinions?

You have to ask yourself though mate, how is it he has a large number of people who do spend their spare time slagging him off
Because Morrissey challenges the status quo and the media join in the condemnation.
Fortunately there are enough of us around that see through the shite that follows Morrissey via media wankery and can make their own mind up

I feel you are only scratching the surface of the talentless there. Do you ever wonder if that which you find incredible is down to differing tastes and opinions?
No. Objectively his singing is monotonous. His music is technically very poor with limited chords and harmonies. His lyrics are banal. He's just rubbish, objectively. And if course none of that includes what a twat he is, with his shit awful attitude and the disdain and contempt with which he treats his fans, cancelling concepts which people have saved and paid for etc. He's pond life.

No. Objectively his singing is monotonous. His music is technically very poor with limited chords and harmonies. His lyrics are banal. He's just rubbish, objectively. And if course none of that includes what a twat he is, with his shit awful attitude and the disdain and contempt with which he treats his fans, cancelling concepts which people have saved and paid for etc. He's pond life.
Not a fan then?

He seems to have pissed you off. Did he refuse you an autograph or knock back your sexual advances?

Music is anything but objective

Of course we have people like Rylan Clark-Neal - another talentless wanker, but no-one raves about him or has a thread about how wonderful he is. Keith Lemon, Terry Christian, Pier Morgan etc - there's plenty of them. But no-one combines such uber-cuntishness with being such a total talent vacuum, and at the same time is adored. Bizarre and very, very annoying.
He certainly is in a class of his own.

Serious question.
How many Smiths albums have you listened to? There are 4 studio albums.
How many of his 12 solo studio albums have you listened to?
You seem to be a heavy critique so assuming you just arent commenting having seen him twice on Top of the Pops 30 years ago

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.