The Smiths & Morrissey thread

How can he be the greatest anything?

He’s a fucking rag!
He’s not a rag
If you watch a doco called
“ The importance of being Morrissey “ he’s asked a question about who he supports, he replies” nobody, but I could get on board if we were using politicians heads as footballs”
I watched it only yesterday at Coolangatta airport

Morrissey has claimed his former bandmate Johnny Marr "ignored" a "lucrative offer" to reform The Smiths for a global tour in 2025.

The band, who formed in Manchester in 1982, produced four albums which arguably redefined British guitar music before an acrimonious split in 1987.

A statement on Morrissey's website said the singer "said yes" to an offer by AEG Entertainment Group to tour as The Smiths throughout 2025, but "Marr ignored the offer".

Morrissey has claimed his former bandmate Johnny Marr "ignored" a "lucrative offer" to reform The Smiths for a global tour in 2025.

The band, who formed in Manchester in 1982, produced four albums which arguably redefined British guitar music before an acrimonious split in 1987.

A statement on Morrissey's website said the singer "said yes" to an offer by AEG Entertainment Group to tour as The Smiths throughout 2025, but "Marr ignored the offer".

They seem to hate each other nowadays. I would never want these to reform as it would completely spoil the legacy for me and I can’t imagine anything worse than seeing a complete lack of chemistry between the two on stage.

Yeah I don't want them to reform. (But I'm shocked that Moz wants to.)

They'd end up doing a new record and it just couldn't compete with their old stuff.
You just know that all the tickets would go to the wrong people.

Yeah I don't want them to reform. (But I'm shocked that Moz wants to.)

They'd end up doing a new record and it just couldn't compete with their old stuff.
You just know that all the tickets would go to the wrong people.
I was surprised by that too. Whether he was just saying that to make Johnny look bad I don’t know. Maybe payback for the Farage image that Johnny posted.

I don’t really do The Smiths. I appreciate that there are some who obsess about them like I would with, some bands perhaps.
But….. I do like Johnny Marr. I appreciate him as a guitarist and always loved that song. The guitar at the time it came out was just so innovative. Like nothing else at the time. And give Morrissey his maudlin bored with the world, due. His vocals just perfectly matched this song.
Johnny’s,…. not quite as much.

Top top tune however.
Agree with every word.
This is the only Smiths track in my collection,a master piece from start to finish.Studio version that is ; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.