The Smiths & Morrissey thread

Its gone from a night of classical Smiths tracks
to Joyce playing the intro to Queen is Dead and concert over in 45 seconds.
Nope, pared down further now to James Maker smashing his tambourine over a trombonist’s noggin whilst whistling the outro to “Rubber Ring”…you are sleeping...

Craig has issued a statement pretty much blaming Andy...... what a mess..... (goes off to listen to Hatful Of Hollow)

Statement regarding 'Classically Smiths'.

It's with regret that the Classically Smiths shows will no longer be going ahead.

Five months ago myself, Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke all agreed to be a part of this project as the core three which was why it all went ahead. Unfortunately Andy pulled out at the very last minute. This meant that all the press releases, branding and marketing etc. had already gone out so it was too late to change anything. It also meant that we were un...der obligation yesterday to go ahead with the press launch which Mike and myself did but were told we couldn't mention anything about the situation with Andy. That's unfortunate as the last thing we wanted was to mislead anyone.

This is disappointing as we were all really excited about putting on these shows. I for one have been working solidly on this project for the last five months and it's a shame that it's fallen apart in this way.

Many thanks.

Craig

Does anyone know who is supporting Moz on this tour? I've searched on Google but no joy. I'll be at the Leeds gig on the 24th February.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.