The Smiths & Morrissey thread

Tells everyone to give For Britain a chance and then says that....
*sigh*
I know you're a big ("massive", even!) fan of the guy Screams. I've taken the piss many times in the past. And will continue to do so! But all respect to you for defending the tone deaf gobshite bloke. But seriously; how many times has he done the dirt to his fans now? It's not on, is it?

Thank fuck i didnt arrange to fly over for that....
Poor ticket sales, nothing to do with logistics.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...wl-morrisseys-14838196#ICID=sharebar_facebook
34% advance sales. I was due to go next week because, well, as on all previous occasions, to quote the line, "we must". It's been a very long time since I enjoyed the rush to the front, the lights going down and the electrically charged atmosphere of a Morrissey concert but, like the moth to the proverbial flame, I go back. He massively overestimated demand - 80 quid is a serious amount. I'd love to see him scale it down, go back to the Blackburn, Bradford days where it was rammed. Alas, I fear he's not treading that path again anytime soon. I'm not gutted. I'm not surprised. Bit sad, yep. For the one artist I genuinely love. He's been written off before. This seems like we're in the last knockings.

"Tell all of my friends, I don't have too many". Fucking love him.

34% advance sales. I was due to go next week because, well, as on all previous occasions, to quote the line, "we must". It's been a very long time since I enjoyed the rush to the front, the lights going down and the electrically charged atmosphere of a Morrissey concert but, like the moth to the proverbial flame, I go back. He massively overestimated demand - 80 quid is a serious amount. I'd love to see him scale it down, go back to the Blackburn, Bradford days where it was rammed. Alas, I fear he's not treading that path again anytime soon. I'm not gutted. I'm not surprised. Bit sad, yep. For the one artist I genuinely love. He's been written off before. This seems like we're in the last knockings.

Spot on
I booked tickets for a friend for her birthday to see Johnny Marr at the Apollo in November. Twenty-seven quid..... yes twenty-seven.
I'm not sure Morrissey himself sets the price but I recall The Smiths appearance at the GMEX Festival of the 10th summer being in doubt as he thought 13 quid was too much!
A combination of a recent tour in February, the price for these gigs (and Edinburgh, Reading and Portsmouth, small venues not sold out, unheard of...) and his recent ridiculous comments has alienated many. I think he needs to go away for a few years and comeback with a little less fanfare and acknowledge he fucked up big time in 2018. He is surrounded by yes men (otherwise they are ''goodbye men'') and needs someone to say ''Moz, shut the fuck up write some tunes''.
I fear he may not recover from this in the UK.

I know you're a big ("massive", even!) fan of the guy Screams. I've taken the piss many times in the past. And will continue to do so! But all respect to you for defending the tone deaf gobshite bloke. But seriously; how many times has he done the dirt to his fans now? It's not on, is it?
To be honest, I am not defending him. Haven't done so for a while. Still love the bloke and his music.....

As synonymous as the words ''Swales'' and ''Out'' being together......
36365557_10155767849112532_5646608862854250496_n.jpg

Went to see the Last shadow puppets at Castlefield bowl 2 years ago and at £35 quid a ticket it was rammed. How the people promoting Morrisey’s gigs at over double and over two nights were expecting to sell out was madness.Was going to go but not at that price, keep the money in the bank for Johnny Marr instead.

Shed Seven was £32.50 last night at CB and that was full to bursting (and also excellent).

75 quid is a joke.

Posted last night, maybr he was a racist prick all along and just hid it well with his angst

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.