The Smiths & Morrissey thread

Johnny Marr's new book on Guitars out Oct 17th

Johnny will tell the story of his life through his guitar collection in his new book. Article Rolling Stone 4/18/23

Johnny Marr will use his extensive guitar collection as a jumping-off point for a new book about his life and career, Marr’s Guitars, out Oct. 17 via Harper Design.

In Marr’s Guitars, Marr will pair different guitars with chapters of his life, each instrument associated with a particular moment, song, or sound. The book will cover everything from Marr’s early days as a musician and work with the Smiths all the way up through recent projects, like collaborating with Hans Zimmer on the soundtrack for the James Bond flick, No Time to Die. Photographs shot by Pat Graham will accompany Marr’s words.

“Guitars have been the obsession of my life … they’ve been a mission and sometimes a lifeline,” Marr said in a statement. “So I’m delighted to have made Marr’s Guitars. It’s very different to other guitar books and is more of an art book, with stories of songs and sounds. It’s been a long time coming and a labour of love.”

For the guitar heads out there, some of the instruments featured in the book include Marr’s longtime favorites, like the Rickenbacker 330, the Gibson ES-355, and the Johnny Marr Signature Fender Jaguar. Some of the featured guitars were gifted to Marr over the years, like a Stratocaster from Nile Rodgers, a Hargstrom from Bryan Ferry, and an acoustic from Bert Jasnch. Other guitars, Marr gifted to some of his musician friends over the years, like a Stratocaster Noel Gallagher used on Oasis’ “Wonderwall” and a Gibson Les Paul that Radiohead’s Ed O’Brien used on In Rainbows.

The aforementioned No Time to Die soundtrack is just one of many projects Marr has been involved with recently. Last year, he dropped his fourth solo album, Fever Dreams Pts. 1 – 4, while he also partnered with Gallagher on “Pretty Boy,” a song off the most recent Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds album. Maybe most notably, Marr and former Smiths bassist Andy Rourke reunited last November for their first recording together in 35 years; the song “Strong Forever” was from Blitz Vega, a group featuring Rourke and former Happy Mondays guitarist Kav Blaggers.
1682177433381.png

I see that Morrissey is now promoting far-right, racist, anti-immigrant activist David Vance on his Morrissey Central website.

He really doesn’t leave much room for doubt these days that he’s swirling down a far-right, conspiracy-filled whirlpool, does he?

I’m sure his usual apologists will be along shortly telling us how he’s misunderstood and it’s all the fault of those nasty journos out to get him.

When somebody continually shows you who they are, believe them.

I see that Morrissey is now promoting far-right, racist, anti-immigrant activist David Vance on his Morrissey Central website.

He really doesn’t leave much room for doubt these days that he’s swirling down a far-right, conspiracy-filled whirlpool, does he?

I’m sure his usual apologists will be along shortly telling us how he’s misunderstood and it’s all the fault of those nasty journos out to get him.

When somebody continually shows you who they are, believe them.
Morrissey (or his nephew who runs his website) likes to link any news / info that mentions Morrissey positively. Most of what is posted is shite, including this one if Morrissey hadn't been mentioned in the video he wouldn't have posted it or commented on it

I see Morrrissey next month and am really looking forwards to it. When I was in Manchester, I went to Afflecks Palace and came out with a Meat Is Murder t-shirt to wear. If I wasn’t vegetarian then I’d walk in to a butchers wearing it and buy a leg of lamb!

Morrissey (or his nephew who runs his website) likes to link any news / info that mentions Morrissey positively. Most of what is posted is shite, including this one if Morrissey hadn't been mentioned in the video he wouldn't have posted it or commented on it
Lol, unioncity fuckwit will have to put the pitchfork back in the outrage cupboard it seems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.