The Smiths & Morrissey thread

Lol, unioncity fuckwit will have to put the pitchfork back in the outrage cupboard it seems.
I did say his apologists would be along shortly…

I don’t see how linking to far-right content on your website can be so easily brushed aside.

As for the ‘it’s the nephew’s fault’ defence put forward by MES, that would be the same nephew who tweeted yesterday when others raised concerns about his promoting far-right content “I don’t decide what goes on Morrissey Central”.

I don’t see how linking to far-right content on your website can be so easily brushed aside.

As for the ‘it’s the nephew’s fault’ defence put forward by MES, that would be the same nephew who tweeted yesterday when others raised concerns about his promoting far-right content “I don’t decide what goes on Morrissey Central”.
I'm not sure anyone is apologising for Morrissey and I'm not sure Morrissey cares what you me or anyone else thinks. I'm not sure he is any more far right than a lot of folk his age and the problem actually seems to be that a lot of vegan politically correct types who have been fans for years now feel like they've been had. Us meat eating Smith's fans are just fine.

I love The Smiths but never listened to any of Morrisey’s solo music at all.

He seems to be a proper piece of work by all accounts and his views aren’t anything like mine so it’s odds on I’ll never pay to watch him strutting his stuff anywhere soon…..

As for the ‘it’s the nephew’s fault’ defence put forward by MES, that would be the same nephew who tweeted yesterday when others raised concerns about his promoting far-right content “I don’t decide what goes on Morrissey Ce
I'm not using the nephew as a defence. Nor am I being an apologiist..
Morrissey (I feel) is at the point when he doesn't give a fuck (if he ever did) about what people think about him.
He craves publicity and being relevant / in the news. The fact we are discussing this very topic shows how he or his nephew posting that has done its intended job. We are talking.about him. Bad publicity is good publicity

I'm not using the nephew as a defence. Nor am I being an apologiist..
Morrissey (I feel) is at the point when he doesn't give a fuck (if he ever did) about what people think about him.
He craves publicity and being relevant / in the news. The fact we are discussing this very topic shows how he or his nephew posting that has done its intended job. We are talking.about him. Bad publicity is good publicity
He does like to hold a mirror up to humanity. I don't think he's changed - Johnny Marr has said as much and I find it sad that this is putting more distance between them, probably because Jonny is worried he'll be cancelled by his guardian reading fans. If mozza has ever been thus, then we can assume it's the world that has changed. Maybe being outraged at mozza is a way of publicly atoning for having previously been a fan?

I re-watched England Is Mine recently. I remember seeing it at the cinema (I went alone as Morrissey would) and thinking how good the girl was who played Christine. Now look at Jodie Comer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.