The Smiths & Morrissey thread

Great gig and impressive venue. I didn't realise it was the first rock gig to be played there until Johnny said so near the start. Anybody going tonight should have a great time. Only let down for me was the self service pale ale machines, one not working and then the other served up just a half after I'd paid for a pint :))

I see Underworld are playing two nights there next year so may be tempted to return.
If there's still issues with the beer machines I guess noone will be shouting "Lager, Lager, Lager!".

Great gig and impressive venue. I didn't realise it was the first rock gig to be played there until Johnny said so near the start. Anybody going tonight should have a great time. Only let down for me was the self service pale ale machines, one not working and then the other served up just a half after I'd paid for a pint :))
How many do you think it holds?, somebody asked me and i thought at least double maybe treble the capacity of the Academy, one thing that did stand out was the height of the place.

How many do you think it holds?, somebody asked me and i thought at least double maybe treble the capacity of the Academy, one thing that did stand out was the height of the place.

5000 in the Warehouse apparently.
Saw the "You, Me and the Balloons" instillation in there during the summer and "big art" worked really well in there.

5000 in the Warehouse apparently.
Saw the "You, Me and the Balloons" instillation in there during the summer and "big art" worked really well in there.

As many as that? Wow. First time I'd been so had no idea what to expect. It's certainly cavernous but in a good way, we were quite near the back and thought it was good to have the large screen there too and also the accessible seating areas. Never felt packed, just busy.

As many as that? Wow. First time I'd been so had no idea what to expect. It's certainly cavernous but in a good way, we were quite near the back and thought it was good to have the large screen there too and also the accessible seating areas. Never felt packed, just busy.

We were leaning on the railings on the side of the sound desk so just under the big screen.
I agree it was busy but didn't feel uncomfortably full.

Managed to avoid the worst of the chat & booze offenders last night by leaning on the barrier by the mixing desk, but did hear some annoying twats talking over "Please Let Me Get What I Want".
The solo stuff is top notch (well worth checking out his recent "best of" as an inroad), and that was the first time I've heard him do Electronic's "Get the Message" since an Electronic gig at Wembley Conference Centre in 1992!
I had a pair of girls right in front of me staggering back from the bar with pints, chatting shit and giggling, right in the middle of “Please, Please, Please ..”

A superb gig other than that. The energy was a bit different to a normal Johnny Marr gig but good to hear arrangements with a full orchestra.

I was very impressed with the venue. It’s really well laid out and designed very well.

Superb gig, obviously well versed in all things Smiths and not overly familiar with solo stuff, electronic etc(which i'll have to investigate now) but i had a great time, the only black mark is the usual gig annoyances i.e people chatting constantly during sons and the never ending crusade to the bar for fizzy overpriced lager.
This really gets on my tits. I was at the Starsailor gig at the Ritz last week and they were excellent but some people didn’t watch any of it. Just stood around in groups chatting very loudly and not even looking at the stage. I just don’t get why they bother going at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.