The Sopranos

Never saw it back in the day. Fancy seeing if it's as good as so many say. But cannot find it to watch on Prime/Netflix etc?

It really is a fantastic programme.

We’ve been living in the golden era of television the last couple of decades. Of all the award-winning epic ‘box set’ series I’d personally rank The Sopranos a very close second behind The Wire.

These two programmes are head and shoulders above anything else that’s been written for TV, probably ever.

Never saw it back in the day. Fancy seeing if it's as good as so many say. But cannot find it to watch on Prime/Netflix etc?
Watched it a few years back. Getting a bit dated now as it was shot in low quality SD. But its 100% one of the best TV shows of all time. So many good performances, the script, the outfits. All of it excellent.

The best programme ever made, not seen it for a while so not sure on image quality, I watched the wire recently and was HD so assume they could do the same

Watched it a few years back. Getting a bit dated now as it was shot in low quality SD. But its 100% one of the best TV shows of all time. So many good performances, the script, the outfits. All of it excellent.
It was shot on film and in 16:9 wasn't it?? That's what gave it it's gangstery vibes cinematic vibes and made it stand out from normal telly at the time. So it's been upgraded to HD.

That would be great if true. I watched it on DVD and it was shit quality.
That's the format (DVD). They rereleased it on blu ray and it streams in HD. But because they shot it on film it's quite easy to convert to HD and 4K if they want to, and even the DVD is in wide-screen because they shot it in 16:9. You'll have some of the "grain" in the conversion, but that's what the film looks like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.