THE SPECIALS

Newlunar said:
I'm just reading Horace Panter's book - Ska'd for life. A good read for Special's fans or anyone who likes reading about band's on the road.

Just finished reading it and agreed a good book.

Only eleven days away now.

I'm hoping for a highlight of 2009.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQV8kEWNomU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQV8kEWNomU</a>

They need to fook that Nick Griffin off and get Terry Hall back though.

Any spares for this!?

Answer to question above the support slot is Kid British they are top up and coming manc band.

Did anyone read the article in Uncut last month re the Specials and Jerry Dammers beef? Quite a sad tale really and I have to say I'm on his side and that Terry Hall seems like a bit of a snide prick.

Love the first album though.

PabZab said:
Do any of you old ska-ers like any new stuff?

I have never taken to the ska punk thing that is predominant now. Too fast and too one dimensional IMO.

Anyway I'm glad I'm going to this, I think it will be a one off tour judging by their body language and I can't see there being any new material. The Dammers/ Specials dispute looks very irreconcilable as well.

Newlunar said:
PabZab said:
Do any of you old ska-ers like any new stuff?

I have never taken to the ska punk thing that is predominant now. Too fast and too one dimensional IMO.

Anyway I'm glad I'm going to this, I think it will be a one off tour judging by their body language and I can't see there being any new material. The Dammers/ Specials dispute looks very irreconcilable as well.

Much as I loved the Specials in their day, I saw them on Jools Holland the other week and I couldn't look at Jerry Hall without thinking 'you miserable rag twat'.

I really love the 1st Specials album and parts of the 2nd one and obviously they had some top singles too but my problem has always been in Ghost Town, which is a fucking tune, when Terry Hall sings 'inna de boom town' or whatever the lyric is, it's just a bit cringey

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.