The Sphere, Las Vegas

Looks amazing, rumour is they might build one over here as well.

They are looking at it in Stratford on the Olympic site. It was supposed to open up a year later after the one in Las Vegas, doesn’t look like that schedule will happen. There has been a lot of push back from local residents who are concerned about the light coming off it and that London already has enough venues to hold concerts.

It’s a bloody impressive piece of engineering they have done though and there will be a long line of acts wanting a Las Vegas residency in it. From seeing the videos of it, I wonder what the sound is like in it. Any speaker stacks normally are located high up in a venue, you can’t see any at all. Also what it does to the acoustics if it’s round and has a high ceiling.

its a load of screens plastered to to the interia walls of a dome.

hardly a feat of magnificence, now when we build moon base alpha and can harness plasma energy and nuclear fusion I will be impressed.

a concert hall decked in tellys won't make a shit band sound any better

Sorry thats pretty much on par with calling space shuttle "just a plane with a firework attached"

This is, while no doubting frivolous, an impressive bit of engineering.

It's a magnificent piece of design and engineering , iconic in the extreme and a building people the world over would want to go and see.

And we have an iconic black box that's "world class" ;)

Would still rather watch a band at the Apollo. The worst seat in there gives the same view as the best non-VIP seat in any arena.

Arenas are the worst thing to happen to live music. And as for comedians appearing at them...

Would still rather watch a band at the Apollo. The worst seat in there gives the same view as the best non-VIP seat in any arena.

Arenas are the worst thing to happen to live music. And as for comedians appearing at them...

Generally agree but depends on the band, some are built for Arena's. We saw Kiss the other month and they were perfect for an arena, a smaller venue wouldn't have worked for that gig at all.

Its the Ritz for me though. best venue in Manchester for me.

It's a magnificent piece of design and engineering , iconic in the extreme and a building people the world over would want to go and see.

And we have an iconic black box that's "world class" ;)
It cost over €2bn. Think it's fair to say there won't be many cheap tickets for events there and with the state of the outside of it, the only places that would have accepted that would have been Vegas and Blackpool

Generally agree but depends on the band, some are built for Arena's. We saw Kiss the other month and they were perfect for an arena, a smaller venue wouldn't have worked for that gig at all.

Its the Ritz for me though. best venue in Manchester for me.
Seen the likes of AC/DC, Metallica and Alice Cooper at the Apollo and in arenas. The experience in the Apollo blows an arena away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.