The standard of written English on this forum

I remember the kippax

Sunny Tynemouth...by the sea... it's wasted on Geo
Now I realise that I may just be another "Grumpy Old Man", however I am sick of the standard of written English on Blue Moon. I realise that some people may be dyslexic (my ex was) but there really is no excuse.

I actually picked a poster up on his spelling and some other guy jumped in saying does it matter - you understood what he was trying to say.

Well, this may sound like a tirade (and it is) but I am bloody sick of this text speak, wrong spelling and the "I just can't be bothered with the difference between there, their and they're or no, now and know" etc...

As an ex-Royal Signals Yeoman I am well used to the art of decoding messages but I really shouldn't have to do it now I have left the sodding green and trying to read posts on a forum

Rant over, thank you for consigning my ire to Cyberspace.....

Puts "Tin Hat On" and awaits comments....... ;-)

I remember the kippax said:
Now I realise that I may just be another "Grumpy Old Man", however I am sick of the standard of written English on Blue Moon. I realise that some people may be dyslexic (my ex was) but there really is no excuse.

I actually picked a poster up on his spelling and some other guy jumped in saying does it matter - you understood what he was trying to say.

Well, this may sound like a tirade (and it is) but I am bloody sick of this text speak, wrong spelling and the "I just can't be bothered with the difference between there, their and they're or no, now and know" etc...

As an ex-Royal Signals Yeoman I am well used to the art of decoding messages but I really shouldn't have to do it now I have left the sodding green and trying to read posts on a forum

i blaim the teechurs
to mani holidies

Oh, and as an employer I tend to reject CVs with basic spelling and bad grammar on them before proceeding any further.... that is all
giz a job

I actually don't know my theirs. Isn't they're 'they are' and 'there' is over there? Wtf is 'their' for.

Still breezed top set English though;-)

When standards slip then so do the attitudes to standards and then standards slip still further.

As a business owner it is quite starting how few people appreciate the importance of good spelling and grammar.

If you want to be understood fully and properly then please consider the words you use and how they are seen by others.

I wont chase people for bad spelling, as shit happens, but I do think people should be more open to learning how to spell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.