The standard of written English on this forum

squirtyflower said:
timesprout said:
That was the reason for my backtrack on the sweeping generalisations, i can only speak from personal experience, and my experience is that not one teacher picked up on the fact i had a "spikey" being in education im sure you know what that means. not fecking one ! diligence, i think not, hard working i think not, wanting to know why i struggled to keep up with the blackboard rather than just get through a lesson....where is that selfless

It depends on the time & the place, I had the pleasure of some cracking looking (female, I hasten to add) teachers in the mid 70's, but I don't think now that I learned anything from them other than an avid appreciation for the female form, the teachers that mattered were the chaps that had been through the war, etc., were hard barstewrds but passionate about getting us snotty nosed kids into something employable. In my humble opinion, of course.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:03 pm --<br /><br />
timesprout said:
dxbroy said:
OK,
Here's a few names:
Syd Barrett - no longer with us, bipolar;
Robert Calvert - same;
Ian Curtis -same;
Was it their teachers fault not to identify their condition?
I'm not a teacher btw.
And we are digressing from the off topic topic (or at least I am)
Oh, and they all made some classic music

-- Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:43 pm --

When I see 'gotten' on Bluemoon it does niggle a tad

Fortunatly teaching methods are changing, tho teachers are not. I know some teachers who think that dyslexia is a myth. i took a teachers qualification some years ago, and i must say mancat were top dollar. using black on yelow paper for me and realising that presetation wasnt the main aspect but understanding of the subject was, that said external verifiers would still mark down on poor presentation

Black on Yellow? I can see that [oh no!], always had a problem with red / green on a blackboard which may explain my affinity for Blue

BTH said:
117 M34 said:
Lot of people blaming teachers for thier poor spelling and grammar.

Made me laugh anyway: 'i' before 'e' and all that!

A very good spot BTH. Go to the top of the class and give yourself a merit.

Obv a typo, as you can see I did spell it correctly on the next line down in the same post.

And as previously stated, it doesn't matter to me if people spell things correctly or not on the forum, it's not exactly a spelling test is it? However, people should take responsibility for thier own poor understanding of language.
There are lots of things I don't know how to do that I know for a fact were taught to me at school - I didn't listen so therefore it's my fault I cant do those things.

117 M34 said:
BTH said:
Made me laugh anyway: 'i' before 'e' and all that!

A very good spot BTH. Go to the top of the class and give yourself a merit.

Obv a typo, as you can see I did spell it correctly on the next line down in the same post.

And as previously stated, it doesn't matter to me if people spell things correctly or not on the forum, it's not exactly a spelling test is it? However, people should take responsibility for thier own poor understanding of language.
There are lots of things I don't know how to do that I know for a fact were taught to me at school - I didn't listen so therefore it's my fault I cant do those things.

Quite, and as you said yourself: we all make istakes {sic}...

117 M34 said:
There are lots of mistakes made on here, which I probably notice more than most, but they are generally istakes which don't make it any more difficult to read as opposed to text speak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.