The stick we get

As if we haven't seen us fall at the last hurdle?

I'm used to this, not sure about everyone else.

I was mascott in 1995 against Nottingham Forest. I'm the kid who cried on TV when Gary Flitcroft dispatched a ball straight at my head and I have no idea it was coming - and the goosebumps I got that night I still get to this day supporting my club. I hope it never changes. I've been called all sorts as a City fan - being called a glory hunter is the biggest mount of shit I've heard in my life. It's been 34 years.

Chrisdunk said:
Great thread but how many of us were calling Chelsea a plastic club when Abramovich took over them?

I was definitely one of those people, it's all abit hypocritical don't you think? I still see "Chelski" being posted on here & it's pretty cringeworthy

But I dont mind opposing fans throwing jibes at us in that manner - trying to find a negative angle to our riches in which to taunt us with. We've done it with Chelsea like you say, and if our owners had looked elsewhere at another club we'd probably say similar things about them.

What baffles me if why they assume we're the finished article when we're quite plainly not, and celebrate any defeat by us as if the mighty have fallen. A Facebook status I saw last night says it all - 'Haha we beat the 'famous' Man City'..wtf??
The huge majority of City fans are being very pragmatic and sensible about the huge project we're undertaking and realize we're only partly there so far. But opposing fans act like we're already a domineering football club.
Its incredible double-standards by them. They think we've gotten carried away (which we havent) and then get carried away themselves by any stumbles we make along the way.
Or perhaps its this - they are projecting onto us how deluded, impatient and arrogant they would be if they had our riches.

Lucky Toma said:
A guy wins the lottery and decides to design and build his dream house.
To be honest 'house' doesnt even begin to cover it. We're talking a huge f***-off mansion. An awe-inspiring building. A work of art.

He hires the best builders he can find and a classy Italian arcitect and work begins.

The neighbours gripe and grumble. They scowl enviously as they pass.

The foundations are laid followed soon after by the bricks and mortar. The roof is put on.

In time the very best fabrics, glass, and marble will be delivered. From all corners of the world.

But right now its essentially a shell. A work in progress.

And the neighbours......bizarrely their envy turns to scorn.

'Look at your house!' they explain in glee, 'Its just an expensive shell!'

The guy is nonplussed. He lights a Cuban cigar and tilts his face upwards to the glinting sun.
Because he has seen the finished plans. And they are breath-taking.

He knows his history. Rome wasnt built in a day. It takes time and patience to construct something as wondrous as this.

He peers down the sumptious driveway and beyond the electronic gates and the jealous neighbours who stand and mock.
Across the road he sees a fine house....but he knows its mortgaged to the hilt.
Down the street he spies a man in an Everton shirt, dancing on his lawn......right beside a decrepid 'For Sale' sign thats been there for many years.

The guy smiles easily and looks forward to a glorious summer.

Class!

lets hope the project is finished on schedule if not before!

Whitworth warrior said:
C1TY4LIFE said:
Oh well thats different its a lovely area, So I take you support United then?
Yep, in 1963 my Uncle took me to gods own ground, he was the only United fan in the family at the time, I saw the light.

Were there many reds around that part of town when you were growing up WW? I presume Moss side was predominantly Blue!

Whitworth warrior said:
Alll depends on the neighbourhood you move into, if it a place that have worked hard and earned the money over decades, and the Billy big balls walks in shouting "LOADS OF MONEY" with the massive car speakers and the 10.000 watt sound system, of course it will be looked down on.
So what exactly have City done in world football to be labelled Billy Big-Balls shouting out 'Loads-a-Money' in the leafy suburbia that is the Top 4 cartel?
Paid good money to buy decent players from other clubs, you mean? Something that the rags, Chelsea, Liverpool etc have never done?

KentBlue said:
Whitworth warrior said:
Alll depends on the neighbourhood you move into, if it a place that have worked hard and earned the money over decades, and the Billy big balls walks in shouting "LOADS OF MONEY" with the massive car speakers and the 10.000 watt sound system, of course it will be looked down on.
So what exactly have City done in world football to be labelled Billy Big-Balls shouting out 'Loads-a-Money' in the leafy suburbia that is the Top 4 cartel?
Paid good money to buy decent players from other clubs, you mean? Something that the rags, Chelsea, Liverpool etc have never done?

^^this^^ Couldnt agree more mate. Apart from our doomed Kaka bid - which fell into our detractors hands - we've largely done things incrementally and correct given our huge resources.
We bought a 'marquee' name in Robinho to mark our intent then set about assembling a team capable of challenging for a top four spot.

At least Whitworth has the balls to admit who and what he is, unlike the sad, deluded, jealous, bitter little gimps from Red Soupkitchen who are masquerading as Everton fans. We had 'Evertonian3' yesterday and now Arteta's love child. Your wish will not be granted, freak. They are investing hundreds of millions in our team and our city. So take your piss and snot scarf and step aside

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.