The Stoke towel situation

B B

BLUEMATT23

Been meaning to discuss this for a while.

Without dissing Stoke as they are a good side who can hurt you in many ways, one of which is the De-Lap excorcist missile type throw.

This poses a big threat as we all know but does anyone get a bit pissed off at the fact that they have towels all round the Britannia? it wastes about 20-30 seconds I've counted at times.

I know some may say what's the difference in DE-Lap drying it with his shirt but the towel option to me takes more time out of the game & this is intentionally done to play on the minds of the opposition.
But to me it's time wasting & he should be booked for it or additional time should be added on.

Anyone agree or do I need sending to the Stoke nuthouse?

It's time wasting, he should get booked.

Can you imagine if a player took around 30 seconds to place the ball everytime they got a freekick?

BLUEMATT23 said:
Been meaning to discuss this for a while.

Without dissing Stoke as they are a good side who can hurt you in many ways, one of which is the De-Lap excorcist missile type throw.

This poses a big threat as we all now but does anyone get a bit pissed off at the fact that they have towels all round the Britannia? it wastes about 20-30 seconds I've counted at times.

I know some may say what's the difference in DE-Lap drying it with his shirt but the towel option to me takes more time out of the game & this is intentionally done to play on the minds of the opposition.
But to me it's time wasting & he should be booked for it or additional time should be added on.

Anyone agree or do I need sending to the Stoke nuthouse?

Surely using a haunted ball must be against some sort of rule

I have seen players booked for wasting much less time than Delap at throw-ins. Time should be added on but only if it is to Stoke's disadvantage - I've always wondered why teams get the benefit of time they've wasted earlier in the game when things have turned against them

Yes it takes about 30 seconds which is too long, and now I see Pedersen is doing it at Blackburn too. By the way fks in shooting distance tend to take 30-60 seconds to set up by the time everyone's finished arguing, the ball is placed in the right spot, wall has been set up and moved back and the ref is in position.

Would love to see Boateng use one of the towels, just before we score off one of his long throws. Would prefer to see it outlawed though.

It pisses me off that refs do nothing about it. If Zabaleta just stood there looking for an option for a short throw for 30 seconds with no towel, the ref would book him. But just because it's Delap and he does have a towel, he gets away with it.

lloydie said:
Would love to see Boateng use one of the towels, just before we score off one of his long throws. Would prefer to see it outlawed though.
I'm sure he has to be allowed if he wants to use it,saying that he can't throw it at head height to the back stick unfortunatly!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.