The Stoke towel situation

johnmc said:
fathellensbellend said:
since when as a towel been part of football equipment.

it shouldnt be allowed end of story.

stoke don't place towels around the perimeter of away grounds, they shouldnt get away with it at home.

Keepers very often have towels.

true

emiratblu said:
One option is to get the subs to go round and wet the towels
No point drying a ball with a wet towel
Like this?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxnyk4cQGCc[/youtube]

when we get a throw in, one of our players should stand there and just do absolutely nothing for 30 seconds.

exactly the same as stoke, no difference.

if the referee hurries you up, then stoke have no right to use the towel.

get bobby to hold a towel, when we get a throw from wherever get the player to walk up the pitch, wipe the ball then walk back to where the throwing is, take the throw then if the player is penalised the ref will then have to react to city complaints?

I think it was ruled a couple of seasons back it was ok to use a towel as long as the opposition were allowed to use them too if they wanted to

To be fair i have seen there ball boys offer the other team the towel so cant see that much wrong with it.

They also made the pitch smaller so that he had more of a run-up and less of a throwing distance, and pushed the advertising hoardings back too. It's technically not illegal, but can't pulis and all their fat fans who think they're clever singing fucking Tom Jones with swear words in why no-one cares about stoke?

IMHO, the fact they take that long over a throw in is ridiculous. If he sprints over, a 2 second wipe then takes it immediately thats fine, but he doesn't and then that must be constrewed as timewasting. TBF to stoke, they went through all the procedures, but they need to sort it out.

Personally I would like to see EVERY city player ask for the towel for EVERY throw-in! Just to see how Stoke react.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.