The Stone Roses/Ian Brown

Seen him several times solo. Utterly brilliant or absolutely fucking abysmal. No shades of grey. He can be very funny indeed, great wit, but he can also come across as a bit of a tit. Fair fucks to him I say; if it were easy everyone would do it. And if you don’t like it, don’t buy it or go and see him.

Very Music of the Spheres/ My Way. That mix of trumpets and ‘scuzzy” guitar. He lost the plot with Covid but he’s a lot of currency in the bag.
It’s not just Covid with Brown. He’s lost the plot with everything, he believes in chem trails (even wrote a song about them) and all the mad conspiracies.

He’s an embarrassment these days.

He won’t ruin the Roses for me though. I know a few who think he’s ruined the legacy of the great band but I’m separating them from his stupid views.

The mental bit is, as shite as he has been historically live I've always enjoyed seeing him (it is bizarrely entertaining).

But stripping out his band and allowing him to singularly butcher his own music is such a strange place to put yourself..........
That's the thing. The band kind of carried him. You can listen to him but also watch the rest of the band on top form doing their thing.
He has now put the focus 100% on himself and that is the result.

Worked with Pete Garner for a very short time the Christmas hmv moved from market Street to the arndale. Genuinely one of the nicest humans I've met.
Can't say I'm not disappointed this thread having new reading material wasn't to share further footage of Brown's most recent one man 'Madonna' karaoke tour............. ;-)

Both of them are great guitarists Squire just finished working on Liam Gallaghers new album
Lol, you just replied to a post from 2015!! However I completely agree with you even though I’m not big on the Stone Roses. However I think the Seahorses “Do it yourself” is a fantastic album, still listen to it now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.