The Stone Roses/Ian Brown

Were the Mondays and 808 State on the same episode of TOTP?
They showed two episodes back to back: 808 State were in the first one; the Roses and the Mondays were on the second. All three looked terrible miming in a studio but I guess that speaks more about the TOTP format of the time rather than the bands' talents.

They showed two episodes back to back: 808 State were in the first one; the Roses and the Mondays were on the second. All three looked terrible miming in a studio but I guess that speaks more about the TOTP format of the time rather than the bands' talents.

This is why New Order were just far more important and so far ahead of their time, in comparison to everyone else. They refused to go on TOTP unless they were allowed to play live. Not just sing live, but trying to get synths to sync with each other live as well. Their performance was legendary and absolutely terrible at the same time. It looks and sounds abysmal, but they stuck to their guns and played live.

This is why New Order were just far more important and so far ahead of their time, in comparison to everyone else. They refused to go on TOTP unless they were allowed to play live. Not just sing live, but trying to get synths to sync with each other live as well. Their performance was legendary and absolutely terrible at the same time. It looks and sounds abysmal, but they stuck to their guns and played live.

I remember telling folk at work to watch it..
Most slagged them off the next day.... "They didnt move" "they just stood there" they said.
But what about the tune? I said, to shrugs of the shoulders...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.