The Sun's "poll" claims Manchester is red...

LoveCity

No mention of the criteria, no mention of how many fans polled, no mention who did the research... and of course, no agenda. ;)

Prepare for a lot of gloating from the rags, this smells of their "659,000,000 fans*" claim (* from a survey of about 30,000 people).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4487710/Uniteds-fans-are-Mancs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... Mancs.html</a>

UNITED have more fans in Manchester than City, according to a poll.

Despite claims to be the city’s “true” club, only 14.8 per cent of Mancunians follow City, compared to 55.6 per cent who support United.

It confirms Utd are the Premier League’s best-supported club.

The Reds are even the third best backed team in LONDON with 13.2 per of footie fans in the capital cheering them on.

But fans of Wayne Rooney’s Utd live on average 95 miles from Old Trafford. Only Liverpool fans (100 miles) and Newcastle (97 miles) live further away.

The club with most fans living locally is Wigan (65 per cent), property site Rightmove found.

23wlml2.jpg

LoveCity said:
No mention of the criteria, no mention of how many fans polled, no mention who did the research... and of course, no agenda. ;)

Prepare for a lot of gloating from the rags, this smells of their "659,000,000 fans*" claim (* from a survey of about 30,000 people).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4487710/Uniteds-fans-are-Mancs.html

UNITED have more fans in Manchester than City, according to a poll.

Despite claims to be the city’s “true” club, only 14.8 per cent of Mancunians follow City, compared to 55.6 per cent who support United.

The Reds are even the third best backed team in LONDON with 13.2 per of footie fans in the capital cheering them on.

But fans of Wayne Rooney’s Utd live on average 95 miles from Old Trafford. Only Liverpool fans (100 miles) and Newcastle (97 miles) live further away.

The club with most fans living locally is Wigan (65 per cent), property site Rightmove found.

23wlml2.jpg

Where the fuck have they dragged this up from mate ?? What a bag of bollocks aint it ?

Was this poll conducted on their website? if so?,it only confirm what we all knew, Idiots reads the sun And idiots supports United.

And what other propaganda can they can generate to make themselves feel better.

I don't see the concern.

The key part of this article is this:

Which is completely inaccurate as the article uses the word "Support" and "fan" on several occasions, pertaining it to be the same thing... When this isn't the case.

in this poll, I could of classed myself as a City Supporter... but how do they know I support City?
In what way? what because I watch City on the tv, sit in a pub watching the games, or buy a shirt once a season... is this really a supporter?

or is it just a fan?

United are in no way the best "supported" club... they have however the most "Fans"

The poll was conducted by Rightmove aswell... what about the supporters or fans who use Your-Move.co.uk ?
or who already own an home so have never used these websites?

The Sun - Gutterpress

At the risk of making myself look very stupid, I really don't understand the table they have at the bottom. It says United have the least percentage of people living in the local area and are second worst in distance from ground?

Doesn't this just mean they have lots of 'fans' but a low percentage in Manchester/Salford?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.