The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Since you asked...

we are a self sustaining club now and have been for ages - as a business you simply cannot sit back and watch your competitors get a massive boost and advantage over you... if another 6 clubs got super rich over night then we would have become “the best of the rest” and our owners could not and would not allow that...
Put it this way... Mike Ashley or ADUG?

And that is why we signed up to it, although from what I have read we were reluctant. But they still cocked up. They should have put the value of competition higher than the desire for money.

We have spent 13 years trying to catch up with UEFA rules and clearly there was a fear we would then be cast aside again.

But it is a real shame we jumped into bed with everything we hate. The club should have put out a more personal statement. Clearly there is still a desire to join something new and we are not willing to rock the boat too much in case it puts us out of it.

Since you asked...

we are a self sustaining club now and have been for ages - as a business you simply cannot sit back and watch your competitors get a massive boost and advantage over you... if another 6 clubs got super rich over night then we would have become “the best of the rest” and our owners could not and would not allow that...
Put it this way... Mike Ashley or ADUG?

so what your saying is our owners value money over the club and it’s fans?

we had a choice. We were not forced at gun point to do this. Somehow we miraculously decided not to be a part of it 24 hours later. Doesn’t exactly sound like we had to be in it

Anybody who thinks we’ve played a blinder in all of this is just trying to paper over the poor lack of judgement by the club IMO - in hindsight, imagine we were sat here today and it was 11 clubs instead of 12 because City had refused to join. It would have been the biggest step forward in the press for our ownership since it happened in 2008. The club made a big mistake, it’s been rectified, but we are in the same boat as the other 5 PL clubs on this one.

But didn't they want to join the Superleague?

Is it too early for me or am I being Clarkied?
Yes they did, and I was not going to go down the road of throwing flares at the stadium and sticking the middle finger up at the badge, or ironically placing a banner that says RIP MCFC, or coming on here and announcing my desolved support for the club, looking for new clubs and acting as though the last ten years - bought and paid for by our owner - didn't exist. The same owner who chose to place the club in a new competition. So regardless of what my personal opinions were of the competition, the morals behind it (lol), or anything else, I wasn't going to do anything other than back the club.

Sounds to me like the vast majority of this forum is "on side" with City pulling out of the idea.

No doubt the vast majority of non blues will be too.

Wtf are you waffling about?
Being on side with the club withdrawing from this shocking ESL is not the same as forgetting what they did, or willing to defend it.
There is a gaping chasm of difference.

You know that throwing the name of a well know wank cheapskate owner doesn't validate your arguement as it isn't relevant at all.

I will ask you this, if we had not joined it went ahead and we carried on in a prem minuss the other 5 with less prize money but still both domestic cups and a restyled european cup with.this leadimg to us not havimg the best players and automatically winnimg everything would you still be going to games?

I certainly would have, I wouldn't have gine to the ESL shit though even if we had the best players in the world on offer.

Give me random teams drawn in cups, give me the.threat of relegation only.to be clsaved on the last day (or not) give me a promotion push and rendom europen games.

Don't offer me stale exhibition football against the same boring teams amd entitled fanbases where it doesnt matter where you finish or if you win owt.

The club made an error in judgement and there is nothing wrong with telling them that, as grateful as I am for the last 12 years, no owner is beyond criticism.
they totally lost themselves and forgot the fans which was a massive(i know) mistake,people in buisness fuck up all the time and some become entrenched in their shit decisions because the wont admit they fucked up.at least we have rectified the fuck up but now they need to build bridges and romance us again.

We generally get very negative media coverage as a club. We've probably had more positive stories about us since we pulled out, than we had in the previous couple of years!
You have had some, but its mainly jealousy driven and uniformly without merit nor substance. I am also sure its very intensified from the inside of the club (All coverage for fans clubs is felt keenly by fans)

Despite being a historic club you were clearly felt to be an outsider by 'Them Proper Clubs' but you muscled in and are now part of establishment (junior member ;) )

This formation of this ESL nonsense began the year after we (Leicester) won the league (Reported by The Times) so you may feel victimised, but your are not wholly unwelcome unlike clubs such as Leicester.

Yes they did, and I was not going to go down the road of throwing flares at the stadium and sticking the middle finger up at the badge, or ironically placing a banner that says RIP MCFC, or coming on here and announcing my desolved support for the club, looking for new clubs and acting as though the last ten years - bought and paid for by our owner - didn't exist. The same owner who chose to place the club in a new competition. So regardless of what my personal opinions were of the competition, the morals behind it (lol), or anything else, I wasn't going to do anything other than back the club.

And you were willing to do so even though the idea of the ESL was detremental to pretty much every other club except those involved in it.

At least you're honest about not giving a shit about football as a whole.

Couple of points:

1) This reversal is going to shatter the finance plans of several of the clubs, those struggling to make the CL year on year in particular.Their get out of jail free card has gone. Not sure how badly it will affect City given our relative success in recent years.

2) The 2024 CL changes will be under the microscope next. UEFA can hardly lambast the SL founders for ruining football by introducing a closed shop and then expect to carry on with their own plans for the same. Fan and media opposition needs to be brought out to address CL issues as well.

3) The power of the cartel clubs with UEFA is surely weakened drastically now. They've threatened a breakaway for many years and now their plans/bluff has been comprehensively shattered. UEFA itself should now be stronger in it's own right and able to do the right thing itself. Whether they will or not remains to be seen but the recent events should also act as a shot across the bows of UEFA to ensure the sporting integrity of its competitions.

4) The Cnuts who dreamt up the SL need outing by the media. All of the SL clubs are implying they were 'invited' but the concept of the SL didn't appear out of thin air, fingers were in the pie from the very start for some of these clubs and they need publicly naming and shaming.

Can now look forward to watching City again knowing that the rest of the season still has meaning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.