The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Even if true the damage is done. Clubs reputation is in the toilet, back to the top of UEFA's shit list, pissed off the fans by not communicating.
It maybe in the toilet, but there’s a chance to salvage this before we flush.

I really hope this is true. If City and Chelsea stepped back at least it might buy some time to allow UEFA and the Cartel to get round the table. Let's face it this is like a verbal nuclear war. There will be no winners.
I am all in favour of a shake-up of the way European Football is organised but this situation needs some calm heads. If both City and Chelsea stepped up they would be accused of doing a U-turn but equally they could be seen to be showing proper leadership if they took the peacemaker role. It takes courage to change your mind in public but it is not too late to resolve this situation. Even UEFA must realise their 2024 plan is a pile of bollocks and three years too late. Covid means change must happen more quickly.
Same, but the fact it was posted at 3pm from someone I’ve never heard of and not been picked up anywhere else makes it unlikely I guess.

I really hope this is true. If City and Chelsea stepped back at least it might buy some time to allow UEFA and the Cartel to get round the table. Let's face it this is like a verbal nuclear war. There will be no winners.
I am all in favour of a shake-up of the way European Football is organised but this situation needs some calm heads. If both City and Chelsea stepped up they would be accused of doing a U-turn but equally they could be seen to be showing proper leadership if they took the peacemaker role. It takes courage to change your mind in public but it is not too late to resolve this situation. Even UEFA must realise their 2024 plan is a pile of bollocks and three years too late. Covid means change must happen more quickly.
I hope its true too. It fits and is sensible.

But it wouldn’t be at the expense of the West Ham, Leicester, Everton or WBA that have finished top 4. It would be in addition to them. Not great and not something I agree with but at least the other clubs don’t suffer.

With the ESL, these other clubs don’t get into the ESL for finishing 2nd-4th. It’s not even confirmed that any potential Prem winners would get in, if they weren’t one of the six.

We are a basically telling these sides that they can either accept an existence of being also-rans, or they can challenge the breakaway, take action and probably cease to exist in a few years. There is nothing remotely super about behaving in this manner.
That’s my point.

The UEFA proposals are just as disgusting. Why does England deserve an extra spot at the expense of the Scottish, Swiss, Danish, Austrian, Croatian champions?

The diversity of the competition is what makes European football what it is.

Yeah I've said it before but one of the worst things about this is that UEFA come out looking good. UEFA were already engineering towards a corrupted super league exactly like this. The only difference is that the clubs decided to bypass UEFA.

UEFA are just pissed off that they've been kicked out of the corrupt money circle.
No doubt. But if this does crash and burn then that's where EUFA could rebirth and rip up the 2024 plans which were no doubt heavily influenced by the same greedy clubs in the first place.

Meanwhile back in the real world.....

Why don’t the pundits/managers/players/fans call out the sponsors?
If nobody sponsors this new Super League, they don’t get the money - hit them where is hurts.
Anybody stupid enough to sponsor this shit-show of a league.....total boycott of that product from all supporters over the world.
Just a thought!
I would imagine, being big business type people, they would have all that in place in principle before the announcement. All bases covered. Legal included.

Because they are “Champions”, hence why the competition is called the Champions League.

Tbe fact that under the new proposals a team can finish 8th in the PL and get an automatic spot is scandalous. But we don’t see the same opposition to these proposals because it means England get an extra spot.

The Super League and UEFA proposals are both disgusting and go against everything football is about.
I mean there are countless leagues in Europe. All of the winners there can't qualify for the CL, can they? I think the coefficient system works well in most points, the fact is Celtic/Rangers or any other Scottish team havn't done much of note compared to the other leagues and hence have to go through qualifying rounds unlike the Champions of Ukraine.

On the other point of 8th getting into the CL from 2024, agreed that is messed up. Hopefully somehow that idea gets shot down as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.